first day of CNY

Today is the first day of CNY (for US time), that we got a small gathering at SL's teammate's apartment, we were having steamboat session and I just know that is normal for having steamboat for Penang people during chinese new year. Well, we didn't take steamboat in Johor until recent years.

I think it is good for having small gathering, so that we could get some information from others, like I found out where we could find a library in this comunity area, I was longing for a library in US for last few months but I got no idea until this gathering.

When I was in the UK, I would search for library information once I moved to a place, so that I know libraries in Birmingham and Nottingham as well. Before I planned for a trip, I would never forget to search tourism information from library for my destinations, I felt so grateful with libraries facilties in the UK because it was excellent. For my memory, I ever tried to visit every library in Nottingham county because I wanted to see how did they arrange their library layout and structure in different towns, surely it was really fun.

After getting library information from friends, SL and I just directed to Hillsboro Main Library at Brookwood Parkway after gathering, the library is for public with free membership and we could borrow items up to a hundred, I really couldn't imagine how can a person borrow 100 items at a short period. If comparing facility and library structure between US and UK, I would say that isn't much different, except 100 items limit, because I think I only could borrow up to 10 items in the UK.

Out of my surprise, our friends are really a good foodfinder, that they have tried a lot of foods in our area during their stay, Korean foods, Japanese foods, Chinese foods, mexican foods, Indian foods and whatever foods, that isn't a problem for them to name a restaurant for it, I think we would try out it sometime later.

Besides, there were two mothers there and they discussed a lot of pregnency experience in the conversation, which curious me because I am still fresh with that kind of knowledge. After backed to home, SL told me something about deliver a baby, how that makes pain and so on, that was really surprised me and worried me, I am still not sure if I would be abled to accept that pain, I think I need to have more courage on this.

All after all, happy chinese new year, we would prepare something better for tonight dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌