First Day in the UK

Well, I never know that I would start my blog, talking about my one and half year life in the UK, then why do I start to be storyteller now?

Recently, that is a colleague from my department resign from his post, and he is going to continue master degree in the UK, then he asked me to share my experience in the UK. Oh no, I am not really a good speaker, I even didn’t know how to start my story.

Then, I think maybe I can write some of my experiences in my blog, I am better in writing compare to talking. Hope all of you can enjoy it, haha maybe nobody is too interested on my boring life in the UK. Honestly, it is really boring life (you can find a lot of agreements from my friends, who I met in the UK).

22nf of April 2004, my first day in the UK, my plan landed in Heathrow Airport in London, a strange place. Before this, my only airplan experience is within Malaysia, Johor-Penang, I had never taken such a long haust journey to another country. However, I didn’t feel any tiredness (or jetlag) after arrival, but excited.

Well, maybe you thought that I am from University of Nottingham, my first place to stay should be not out of Notthingham. Ok, then wrong, my first stay place is Birmingham, for about 5 months there.

According to school information, they told me that I could took a coach from London Airport to Birmingham, then I am looking for any sign to direct me to a coach station. Finally I found the coach station, but unfortunately all tickets are sold out, and I need to wait until next Monday, that would be several days to go before Monday, why I faced this kind of plight in my first day in a strange country?

Fortunately, they told me that is another way to get to Birmingham, which can I get there through train, thanks god. But where is train station? Well I need to take bus first before I see the train station. (actually that might be simplier way to get there, but I wasn’t familiar with the environment)

Finally, I successfully arrived to my accommodation, it was about 5 or 6 o’clock. I got into my room and unpacked my lagguage until forgot the time, please don’t blame me, because the UK’s sky was kidding with me, it was spring, and with longer day, I didn’t know that sky can be such bright until 10 o’clock in night.

After stopped unpacking, I felt daught and looking for some water, but couldn’t see any water machine, then I asked with a flatmate (she is Maria from Greek) and she told me that I could get drinking water from pipe. Oh… surprise me? I couldn’t believe that I need to drink water from pipe for another one and half years.

This is my first day in the UK, lots of surprise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌