Vancouver Island - The Butchart Gardens

When SL was attending to visa interview at Canada consulate, I just grabbed some tourism information about Vancouver Island outside of the office for reading, and I found that The Butchart Gardens would perform firework every Saturday night throughout this Summer (from July to August), coincidently our plan was landing to Vancouver Island at Saturday, therefore we decided to visit The Butchart Gardens on our first arrival day to witness the firework event. Well, I think this is a good plan because we would save some time on travelling because we would arrive at Swartz Bay of North corner and Victoria is located at south corner, meanwhile The Burtchart Gardens is actually at the half way from Swartz Bay to Victoria.

Due to Saturday Firework, admission fee of Saturday is the most expensive compare with other day, there we paid about $64 for two adults admission.

The Butchart Gardens, a garden which bloom for over 100 years, it is an artwork started by Jeniffer Butchart. Inside The Butchart Gardens, there is collection of five gardens, which are Sunken Garden, Rose Garden, Japanese Garden, Italian Garden and Mediterranian Garden, I think Sunken Garden is the one most attractive to me because there is a lot of flower decorations, also I could see a Ross Fountain beside the garden.

If I never been to Rose Garden and Japanese Garden of Washington Park, I would think the Butchart Gardens's are quite attractive, however the Rose and Japanese Gardens in Washington Park are much bigger and more flowers then Butchart's, therefore I didn't find too much surprise in Butchart's Rose and Japanese.

On the other hand, Italian and Mediterranian Gardens of the Butchart Gardens are much smaller than the other three gardens, so that we didn't need to spend much time there. Well, they are still beautiful but just not as attractive as the others three.

After we spent about two hours of walking among gardens, we had almost finished our tour of The Butchart Gardens and there the last attraction of Butchart was firework. Then we just proceeded to Firework Viewing area and there were a lot of people doing picnic on the ground, that is summer time and everyone like to picnic under the warm sunny day.

Since the firework plan was a new plan for us during visa interview, so that we didn't do any preparation for it, there SL and I just sat on the ground without a blanket. Well, it was still fine to us before sunset, but the ground was getting colder after dusk and I wasn't too strong to defend coldness, that I started feeling cold, still we didn't want to leave and waited until the firework hour.

For me, the Firework Viewing area is really strategy, it is wide with a steep land, therefore everyone could sit on the ground and view the performance without any blocking by people in front (as long as they are not extremely tall).

Finally, long-waited Firework started at 10pm, music lighting and firework performance, it was last longer than 30 minutes, we would like to take more pictures but it was just not as good as what we saw it live on ground. For me, I think this is the best ever firework that I watched in my life, I would rate it better than Disney's that we watched last year, Butchart Garden's firework was just so amazing with lot of surprise, it just made us felt our tickets was worth for that price :)

The Butchart info: http://www.butchartgardens.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌