Vancouver Island - Victoria Downtown

Victoria is a city located at Vancouver Island, I think no much people know how big the Vancouver Island is, but many know Victoria is a beautiful Harbour, my trip to Vancouver will not complete without visiting to Victoria. From many friend's mouth, Victoria impressed them more than Vancouver, it's true after I went to Inner Harbour, there is really beautiful and just like a Europe style town which accomodate Fairmont Empress Hotel and Parliment Building.

During Sunday morning, SL and I decided to spend our time to walk around Victoria Downtown because parking was free on Sunday, so that we didn't need to worry to park our car on street.

As our hostel is just at the city center of Victoria, therefore we didn't find hard to walk to attractions by foot, for sure we were walking for the whole day. First of all, we proceeded to City Hall and Chinatown area where was having public market, somehow I like to see something like this to know more their cultural.

The Bay Center is a beautiful shopping center in Victoria, but I was not going for shopping, therefore I didn't spend too long there.

To me, Inner Harbour is the most beautiful place in Victoria, a lovely harbour with stunning buildings stand surround it, it just made me felt that I was backed to Europe. Fairmont Empress Hotel is the most classy hotel in Victoria and we took a long around hotel's area and there is a garden just beside it, roses were blooming beautiful.

While we were walking along Inner Harbour, there was a Pride Parade performed on street, though I wasn't sure what they really celebrated for, I just joined the crowd for fun, the parade was giving out some free items and of course I got some. The funniest part to me was there was a girl just ran toward me from parade and past me a "pregnency protection plastic", yes, she just past it to me =.=" and people around me just laughed. Anyways, I think this was because I am look young to them but had SL with me, so that they wanted to tell me that "kid" (me) shouldn't have baby too early ~_~

After Pride Parade, SL and I moved forward to Parliment Building and there is guided tour on Sunday which is free, of course the building also opens to public during weekday. Based on curiousity, SL and I grabbed a ticket for guided tour. Thanks to the staff for explanation, it was really an interesting tour and now I know what does the flag of British Columbia means, it is centre by a crown on Union flag, representing the province's origins as a British colony, with a setting sun below, expressed "The sun never sets on the British Empire". At the end of tour, the staff told us a story about architect of this Parliment Building, well... I think it was a tradegy to be famous people.

Near to Inner Harbour, there is a Singing Tower, the bell would ring with some schedule, I was lucky to listen to it but SL wasn't too appreciated the bell :P

From Victoria Downtown, we walked for quite a distance to Carr House, a house lived by Emily Carr before, she is a writer, but too bad the house was closed on Sunday.

Beacon Hill Park should be the closest and biggest park to Victoria Downtown, therefore we spent some time over there, walking along the paved path, enjoying natural view and seeing people had fun and playing golf on the grass, it was a pleasure walk in the park too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌