Notting Hill

It’s amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word, you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when you don’t say a thing

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There’s a truth in your eyes saying you’ll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me whenever I fall
You say it best.. when you say nothing at all

All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Try as they may they can never define
What’s been said between your heart and mine

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There’s a truth in your ey es saying you’ll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me whenever I fall
You say it best.. when you say nothing at all

This song is "When You Say Nothing At All", a song from Notting Hill, which I love a lot with the story line. This is a love story, which I watched in the UK, and touched my heart so much.

Recently, I rewatched this movie and I still like it.

The first scene in the movie makes me touch is when male and female leads were walking in a garden in Notting Hill, and they saw a chair in the garden, which was written as:

FOR JUNE WHO LOVED THIS GARDEN-

FROM JOSEPH WHO ALWAYS SAT BESIDE HER.

JUNE

WETHERBY

1917-1992

This looks sweet, right? And then, the female lead said: ‘Some people do spend their whole life together.’ Yes, some people do, but it is rare now, right? But, how many people in the world are really looking for a person who can spend their whole life together?

After that, the female lead sat on that chair, and asked the male lead: ‘Come and sit with me.’ Yes, it is too difficult to find a person who can sits with us, but not only share your happiness, and also your sadness. When we find that person, don’t let him/her go, just ask him/her: ‘come and sit with me.’

The chair in the garden really make me touched so much, until I was so silly and wanting to find it.

I still remember, I travelled to London in winter of 2005, and I went to Notting Hill purposely, the reason was trying to find the chair in the scence.

It was raining on that day, I was walking around Notting Hill at afternoon (but it looked like evening), it was really cool, I was freezing, holding my umbrella and walking at Kensington Garden, suddenly I felt I was silly, silly for finding a chair, which I don’t know where is it.

So many gardens around Notting Hill, and so many chairs in a garden, it was quite a tiny chance to find the one in the movie, and maybe Kensington Garden is not the garden in the movie, maybe I was finding in vain, even that was a cold weather. Finally, I couldn’t find the chair.

After that, I walked along Notting Hill Gate, and hope I could see some sence in the movie, I tried to walk into a lane, but I felt it was dangerous to walk alone in dark, so I didn’t walk far. Finally, I saw nothing in Notting Hill, except some antique shops.

I was too silly, right? Finding a chair from thousand of chairs in many gardens.

Actually, finding true love is same as this "Chair Finding" journey, right? We are looking for the right person just same as looking for the chair among the gardens around Notting Hill, it is difficult but it is not impossible, therefore please remember to ask "come and sit with me" if you find the one for you.

"When You Say Nothing At All" is a nice song and "Notting Hill" is a nice movie, at least they are for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Dawn,

I stumbled upon this blog post of yours while googling for some info about the garden scene in the movie, Notting Hill. Like you, I really love this movie, especially the garden scene where Anna asked William to "Come and sit with me." This scene still moves me everytime I watch it.

I thought it was really amazing of you to go look for that chair in Notting Hill. When I was in London last year, I had the same thought of going to Notting Hill to find that garden. Unlike you though, I did not do it eventually.

Anyway, I thought you might be interested in these two websites that talks about the chair and the actual garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/urbanphotographer/135936129/

http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/n/nottinghill.html

Thanks for your post. I really enjoyed reading it. :)

R
Dawn said…
Hi R,

Thanks for sharing the link, now I know the chair is in Perth, I can go to find it next time if I travel to Perth.

I think Notting Hill is a really nice movie, which I felt touched a lot.

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌