Silver Falls State Park + Gardens Visit 051510

May of 15th 2010, we finally made the trip to Silver Falls State Park, it was a week delay of our first plan because I was quite busy on my work which made me sleepless on that time. In the early morning, we woke up and prepared our lunch for our trip, it was simple - fried rice.

Then, we departed from home at eight o'clock and arrived to Silver Falls State Park south entrance about ten plus, immediately we started our hiking from south fall. This is our plan - our startpoint is South Entrance with Canyon Trail and our sequence of ten falls is South Falls, Lower South Falls, Low North Falls, Double Falls, Drake Falls, Middle North Falls, Twin Falls, North Falls, Upper North Falls, and then we take the Rim Trail back to south entrance, there we can see the Winter Falls at last.

Silver Falls State Park is famous with its beautiful ten waterfalls, which is located in Silverton and about two hours driving time from our place, SL and I both like hiking activity, that we can do some exercise and enjoy natural view in the park, finally I got the chance to use my Timberland shoes from San Francisco, which is really helpful on hiking activity :D

The whole route is about ten miles and we took less than five hours to finish it, the journey wasn't too hard to us because there is not too much steep path along the Park. Among ten falls, South Falls and North Falls are the highest and beautiful, I think Drake Falls isn't too special to me, and I like other falls equally.







Due to Salem is on the way back from Silver Falls State Park, therefoere we decided to go to two gardens, which located in Salem, they are Adelman Peony Garden and Schreiner's Iris Garden, recomended by CL. On my comparison, I prefer the Iris Garden because it is beautiful and big, there I can see a lot of different plants and a lot of people love to spend their time there, walking, photographing, reading and enjoy their life in secret garden, I told SL I would picnic there and do some reading if we were well-prepared.

On the other hand, Adelman Peony Garden is just normal to me because its area isn't as big as Schreiner's and their flowers are too less, there we didn't spend too much time.





Perhaps, we did a lot of walking on the day, I felt hungry at about five o'clock, then we decided to have dinner at somewhere nearby Woodburn, so that we could have a walk at Woodburn Company Store after dinner. Finally, we decided to take our dinner at Denny's, we thought it was an expensive restaurant that we always skipped it in our options. Actually, it is not to expensive and we were satisfied with their meal, we only paid less than USD20 for people people, which included a soup, bread (their bread is really delicious, I really love it) and two main courses, they are enough for two people.

Woodburn shopping was our sudden plan because it is just so close to Denny's and we still had some time before back. Luckily we were there, so that I got to know an outlet (Lucky Brand) was closing down on May of 23rd and they were having sale (I mean super sale). In the store, I just couldn't believe that a jean can be sell at USD4.99, which is super cheap, we even cannot get a jean at this price in Malaysia, especially this is a branded jean, I am really lucky to grab two jeans at USD9.99 :D

Honestly, I am regret that I only bought two because it is too cheap that I should get more :( Then, I went to Woodburn at the next week, but I was too late because they only left size 30 to size 32. Guess? How much was they price at a week later? Unbelievable, it was USD1.99 and you even can get another 90% off on top of the price, which is 20 cent :| Unfortunately, I am not that lucky to grab one for that time.



Silver Falls State Park info: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_211.php
Adelman Peony Garden info: http://peonyparadise.com/
Schreiner's Iris Garden: http://www.schreinersgardens.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌