Japanese Garden

At May of 8th, that's another weekend to us and we decided to do something cheaper for the day trip. Therefore we went to our local library to get a culture pass to Japanese Garden. I would really like US library system now, they not only provide book borrowing, but also DVD and even provide culture pass, which is a pass to allow you to enter some attration in your county for free in a day. If I need to compare library system between US, UK and Malaysia, I would say of course US one is the best to me :D Well, I am also able to find a library everywhere in UK, it was still not provided so much service as in US (perhaps they do now, but my memory is just stay at 5~6 years ago). On the other hand, I don't find too much library in Malaysia, it is hard for me to make comparison :P

After we collected the Japanese Garden cultural pass, then we just wanted to experience some special US culture - Garage Sale, which we had searched for some places online where the family would do garage sale on that day. What is garage sale? In US, especially during summer or autumn time, people would sell some items that they don't really need in future, perhaps they will be moving out or they just want to clear out their house for some new stuff, then they would sell those unneeded items in their garage or yard, or whereever they can think around their house. Well, we most probably can only get some used or old stuffs in garage sale, but which will be much cheaper than you buy it new. For me, I don't mind to buy it as long as it can still be used and meet my requirement, of course some good used cheap books are my favourite :) On the day, we visited some garage sale locations, they are different sizes, never mind to me as I just want to experience the culture :) And finally, I bought a 500-pages hardcover cookbook with USD 3, I think it is worth for price and I was happy.

Later, we headed to "the old spaghetti factory" in Portland for lunch, I got a ten buck off online voucher due to my birthday, therefore we spent less than USD20 in the restaurant for two people meal, I think it is worth. That was our first time to the old spaghetti factory in Portland, I loved the view there as it is just located besided Willamette River and we could just walked along the river after meal with some beautiful pictures taken. For foodwise, I would say I love their rainbow ice cream the most, which is fruit ice cream and tasty but my spaghetti was just right.

Add Image



After lunch, we moved forward to Japanese Garden in Washington Park, there we got a day free admission with our culture pass, which supposed to be USD8.50 per adult. Wow, the Japanese Garden is really beautiful, we are glad that we can make a visit there. That is ten attractions totally in Japanese Garden - The Pavilion, The Flat Garden, Wisteria Arbor, Strolling Pond Garden, Ther Tea Garden, Zig Zag Bridge, Heavenly Falls, Natural Garden, Sand and Stone Garden and The Poetry Stone.

On our visit day, there is a bonsai exhibition in Japanese Garden and we were able to see a lot of bonsai, it was really special to appreciate this special type of gardening, I would say it is miniature of gardening in modern city. Due to limited of space in real life, therefore people innovated this way to plant a mini size tree in a pot, it is really surprised us to see some mini tree which were just mimic as tree.

We spent around two hours in Japanese Garden to walk through the whole park, of course SL was able to take some pictures which made him happy with this trip. Yum Yum, I like the trip too as long as SL is with me and we both are happy without any arguement :D





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌