Sunday Peranakan Mansion Trip (29 March 2009)

29th of March, another Sunday trip for SL and I, he promised me that he would try his best to make my every weekend with good memory. This is the day after Minsi's wedding, we were buying for our ingrediant for the week's cooking comsuption.

After taking lunch at home, we departed to Georgetown for our Peranakan Mansion, we know this place through a Singapore drama, Little Nyonya, it is a really nice drama, we were attracted by the story few months ago. After that, I saw Minsi had her pre-wedding photo session there and all pictures are so beautiful to us. Later on, I saw Tian Hock's facebook photo at Peranakan Mansion, this grew my intention to visit this musuem.

Peranakan Mansion actually was a house of rich Baba (female called as Nyonya), which built at the end of 19th century. When we were there, I found it is really a big house with a lot of rooms with specified functions usage, we also saw many collection from Baba cultural, like their China container.

Actually, Baba-Nyonya culture is mixed between Chinese and Malay, therefore we could see their foods and clothes are mixture between two cultures.



















From architecture in Peranakan Mansion, I found that is something interesting, where a wall is craved with picture of Heaven and the opposite wall is craved with picture of Hell. Well... the expression of Heaven and Hell are different with western's expression, but somehow we can see they(western and eastern cultures) both are common on using them (Heaven and Hell) in the architecture, which I also found this kind of architecture in some churches in Europe.

This is Hell...


And, this is Heaven...




Peranakan Mansion Website: http://www.pinangperanakanmansion.com.my/

After we finished our tour in Peranakan Mansion, we departed to our next destination, which is One-Stop Shopping Mall. Over the week, we saw many banners along the street about book promotion from Popular Bookstore, it will discount until 90% that high. Well... I am a crazy bookshopper (but a slow reader :P), therefore I won't miss any chance to visit a book promotion (because I can get some cheap books :P).

After arrived to the Popular Bookstore, I noticed there was a long queue waiting for paying their shopping. The bookstore is really big and filled with many books, I took around two hours to finish my shopping tour, and I found that I bought most of cookbooks in my shopping cart, it was really cheap after discount, until I could get 50 cent to RM1.50 each cookbook. However, please don't over estimated with promotion, beacuase I found cookbooks actually is the less discounted category (except minority of them, which I bought :P). I found I am kind of like cooking recently, we almost cook everyday recently, I think this is healthier and SL can have some homecook dishes before he goes to relo.

Finally, we had done our shopping on 5pm, it is two hours later, and we paid our bill, I think it was worth :P

After books shopping, we decided to take our dinner at Lorong Pasar in Pulau Tikus, there is a famous "Lok Lok", I think they sell the cheapest "Lok Lok" in Penang (this is the cheapest price I have so far). At the stall, SL kept asking me to take whatever I liked, I know he is loving me so much and he would feel sad to leave me alone in Penang, therefore he wants to make sure I am 101% happy before he leaves.

After having our "Lok Lok" dinner, we backed to our house and bought a burger as our early supper :P

Comments

AdrianT said…
Hihi ...
somehow link to your post..

Great post with explanation..
I never visit the place before but after your guide.. i will arrange a trip to that place ... notice the background is also from the movie 女头家... i like the movie.. =)

Again, thanks for sharing. =)
Dawn said…
Hihi, thanks for comment.
Actually the Peranakan Mansion also with a tour guide, he will bring you around and explain history of Mansion for you, he is free of charge, actually included in admission fee, which is RM10 :)
AdrianT said…
Haha.. FOC but in admission fee.. ?? =P
How also, your info is like tour guide also.. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌