2011 Penang International Book Expo

Yes!! After I have been in Penang for 5 years, this is the first time that I can see such a big book fair hold in Penang, in Pisa Stadium, it took the whole level 3 for many different bookstore to sell their book in the same place, for 10 days (from 12 to 21 August, 11am to 10pm).

Today is the first day of book expo, SL and I walked from our home to Pisa to see what are selling there, I had spent about 2 hours in the Arena, which is the second time that we can spend so much them in an expo, after Homedec April when we needed to research for our new home's items.

In Pisa, I walked from store to store, table to table to dig for some interesting book, finally we spent some money to get some book that attracted us. However, I actually love some books that I didn't buy yet because I can't let myself to spend too much money in one shot, perhaps I will visit it for some other times since it is close to our house and will be there until next weekend.

However, for bookworm, this fair only sell Chinese related books, so that we couldn't find English book there (except dictionary).

After walking out from Pisa, I thought SL that I am afraid that I will spend my July salary in this book expo, haha... of course it won't be that serious, but I think that my spending on this month might shot higher than other months.

Since young, I like books and reading, well I think I like books more than reading, sometime I like a book and bought it, but I don't know when I will read it, I always told myself to buy it, just in case that I want to read it in one day. Therefore, it isn't a surprise that I got a lot of unread books in my shelf, which I believe I would touch them in one day, maybe after retired :P

When I was kid, I spent most of my pocket money on renting books and buying book, I could spend the whole midnight to continuously reading on thrilling story, I read different books at different era of my age, I can remember some, but I forgot some as well. Books, I don't know why I like them because my family doesn't really fill with reading culture, I am the only person in my family who willing to spend so much money on books and still crazy on it.

Fortunately, I met with SL, he likes reading as well, I think he likes reading more than I do, so that he reads the books that I bought but never read, and sometime I would share with me his reading :) After having a story teller, I kind of slow down my reading but still spending.

Anyways, I think we really need to do something that we like expect working else we really just a salve of our company and reading really is a good interest. I think I need to back to my reading life in student era, else I would find demotivate if always putting my attention at a lifeless laptop and keep working on job.

Really, I am happy that we can have this Book Expo in Penang, they should have it regularly or annually, it would be much better if collection of some other language could be join this expo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌