CNY celebration

Like this, my Chinese New Year almost ended and there wasn't too much celebration, our life was just normal, SL needed to work on Chinese New Year, which was not a tradition for us and he broke it for the first time. Anyways, we are modern people and no more believe those ancient belief on not working at least the first day of Chinese New Year, right.

Well, I still wished to follow our tradition somehow, therefore I didn't go to office but I was still checking some jobs status from home. Going to office on Chinese New Year would break my mood.

This year, we tried to make some New Year cookies, at least this gets us some new year memory in US, else I didn't feel too much on New Year season. I really like internet as we could check a lot of information from there and my new year cookie recipes are from internet of course, at least they weren't too bad to taste.

We had around 20 people sat together in a restaurant on the second day of Chinese New Year, we had dinner for full two tables of people, it was a pleasure time because we all are lonely people from Malaysia, who couldn't spend time with our family on this important day. But at least, we got our friends around and chit chat together and played game together. It was another kind of celebration.

Counting down on the return date, we still have 3 weeks to go and we spent our third New Year day on shopping in Woodburn :) looking for some good deal to take back for our family, this might be our last time to this country and we need to get some souvenir for them and ourselves :)

Tomorrow is Super Bowl, which is an important sport day in US, I think I want to watch it and witness how big is it.

Anyways, Happy Chinese New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌