My New Year Eve

It's new year again, I expected something special would happen especially in US, but it doesn't seem to be.

On the afternoon, I went to gym to have some exercises, I didn't do proper exercise for a few months, which makes me felt good, at least I know that I had burnt some of my calories.

Then, SL and I had dinner at "Taco Bell", a Mexican fast food restaurant, this was my first visit but I don't really like it, Mexican foods just don't seem suitable to my appetite, however I think the price is worth for a meal, as we paid about USD6.50 for two people and we still felt full until end of the day.

Later at night about 9pm, SL and I decided travelled to Portland downtown, we expected for some special events there for new year celebration. There we travelled with Trimet train as Trimet provided free transportation from 8pm of new year eve until 3am, the journey took about 45 minutes to get to Pioneer Square.

Once we arrived to Pioneer Square, we saw a huge Christmas tree there but there was no crowd and no event within Pioneer Square area, we only took some pictures at Pioneer Square, then proceeded to Waterfront for some surprise.

However, it was dark at Waterfront and we still didn't see any special celebration there, except an event at World Trade Center, it was First Run, a run started at 12am of 1 Jan 2010, I think it surely the first run of the year in Oregon.

Since we couldn't find anything special, we just walked back to Pioneer Square, streets in Portland were just quiet, except a few people wandered around Pioneer Square.

With some of dissapoitment, we decided to back home, I think new year celebration in Penang might be much interesting than US, I heard that was live concert at Queensbay area.

Anyways, just like SL said the most important is not the celebration with crowd, but we can be together. Yes, we had been seperated for so long, we should cherish this time for being celebrate new year together.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌