Skibowl Sking Trip 010310

Today is our last day of New Year long holidays, SL and I decided to go for ski for today, actually SL didn't want to go for the trip, it was insisted by me because I think that we should at least try once in our life for skiing experience. Skiing is a sport that we couldn't try in Malaysia, then this is a chance in the life for us to try in US, therefore I argued to SL that I surely wanted to have it try out :P

Before we went for ski, we needed to find a waterprood pant, so that we won't be too cold if snow stained on our pant, fortunately we found a suitable pant in ROSS, which only costs us USD10, and we even got it is a ski pant, it is much valuable than other, because a ski pant normally would cost about USD100.

Finally, on today 3 Jan 2010, SL and I woke up early this morning and prepared ourselve to Mount Hood, the highest mountain in Oregon, there are a few ski locations in Mount Hood and we chose Skibowl, because it is the cheapest (this is valuable to us as a first timer) among few options. It took us about 2 hours to get until Skibowl West from Hillsboro, then we just directed to Ski School to register a first timer ski course, that is a USD43 package, it included equipment rental, full day use of tow rope and 1.5 hours of first timer course.

Honestly, I think I am the worst and the most dangerous skier of the day, that I just couldn't make myself in good balancing and kept falling down, I even couldn't manage to balance myself up to hill with tow rope. On the other hand, SL is really a genius (at least I think so) because he didn't have any problem on this, he just looked like an experienced skier that he could turn left and right, even stop easily without falling down. While I fell down, SL would always tried to help me to stand up, he made me felt safe and helpful, I think this is what marriage is, we need to support each other when one of them is in hard time, no matter how hard it is we need to be together and holding each other always.

It was countless fell down until I couldn't remeber it happened for how many times and how long, it is obviously after the course ended for quite sometime, I finally manage to keep myself balancing a little better, at least I handled a good skill on how to stand up from slippery snow after falling down :P and I managed to ski from uphill to downhill and going up with tow rope without fell down, it was really excited moment after countless failures. For me, I think the most important to balance is we need to handle the gravity by adjusting your feet according to the direction that you want. And, the most most important thing is believe yourself, this is what SL told me which I still need to work harder.

We were skiing at Skibowl until about 3pm, it was about 4~5 hours of falling down and skiing, I was enjoying a lot, then we returned our ski equipment to the rental shop and backed with a lot of muscle pain on the whole of our body, I even got a mark on my thigh as an award of today.

Nice skiing experience, which I nearly to give up when I got n times of falling down, but I still insisted to stand up and skied again, then I finally could ski properly (at least I didn't fall down that offer), I learned that we finally can manage to do something hard or we inconfident with by keep trying and never give up, every effort will earn at last.









Skibowl information: http://skibowl.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌