Prague (20 June 2005)

Travel to Prague, it was actually a coincident chance for me. The trip is starting from a conversation with a Korean friend in Globe Cafe, she is Regina, we met in Globe Cafe and had regular meeting there, then we got closer and knew each other well.

One day, Regina told us that she would travel to Prague during June and many friends in Globe Cafe told me Prague is a good place and worth to visit. Well, I was shamed as I didn't know much about Europe countries though I had spent about more then a year in the UK, I only knew that I wanted travel to Italy, Spain and Greek, but I had no idea about Prague.

After listened to a lot of recommandation from Globe Cafe's friends, I felt kind of wanted visit to Prague for once, therefore I checked for cheap flight ticket and finally I decided to spent 20 to 22 of June 2005 in Prague with Regina. This is my first trip to Europe after I arrived to the UK for around a year, and I had never thought I would go out of the UK, as I was so unsure on travelling, I even didn't know if I could get to Prague safely, but I still insisted to do so.

I felt fortunately had Regina, she is the person doing the accommodation booking, so that I didn't need to worry about accommodation. However, I needed to arrive Prague and finding my accommodation alone, because Regina departed earlier than me and she was meeting me in Prague after her camp in Germany.

I chose to depart from Birmingham International Airport, because of the cheaper price and I also could pay a visit to my lecturers there, I was lucky that I could see Athena and Sophia again after a year aparted. However, I got a bad news from Athena, about a good friend of mine in Birmingham, who was suffering on his arthitis health problem, I was really sad after realised this, but I didn't have time to visit him as I need to catch my flight.

While I was waiting for flight in Birmingham International Airport, I was worry about my friend's health condition, he was a kind man and helped me a lot when I was staying in Birmingham.

Anyways, I finally arrived to Prague at 7:55pm, and it didn't take long at imigration gate and it take around 20 minutes to have my lagguage. Then, I got around in airport to find a bus ticket account and spent Kc200 for a 3 days pass.

After that, I needed to find the bus station, where I needed to take the bus to my accommodation area. However, this was my first time travel alone and I was not familiar with the route, so that I went in wrong direction and I couldn't see any bus arrive to the station. I was feeling worried and asked someone if there is another bus station around there, twice. But all of them neither knew, this made me felt lost.

All after all, my intuition told me that I was in the wrong place and I should find the bus station from where I started, therefore I had no choice to pull my lagguage backed to the starting point.

After I got to the starting point, I kept notice on their signboard, but they are in czech language, which I didn't understand any of them. But... luckily that they have the same bus picture, that we use for worldwide, then I kept tracking the bus picture and finally found the real bus station. Also, I successfully to board on the bus told by Regina and got out on the correct bus stop.

But, I still had problem to get to my reserved accommodation as I didn't have map or phone (cell phone or public phone), I even couldn't find anyone in that area.

Eventually, I had no choice and decided to wait there until the next bus arrived, I was not sure how long did I wait, but it was a century of waiting for me. Finally, the next bus arrived, but I didn't know who should I enquired, then I missed every passanger and only can grab the last couple. Well... they didn't know my accommodation address and told me a direction. What should I do now? It was 10pm already but I was still alone at bus stop and feeling scare.

Finally, I found an old man with his dog, then I decided to have my courage and asked him for direction. The old man knew the address and told me a direction, where I need to walk for about 100-150 metre and take the right turn to the housing area, I could find my address there.

Well, how could I measure 100-150metres? I didn't know how long is it, but I only could walk in the given direction and prayed for some lights to my accommodation.

While I kept praying for help, then I saw three eastern girls in front of me, but I didn't think they knew "Prague House", so I continued my way. However, I was not sure why because I couldn't stop myself to ask for help from theese three girls.

At first, I saw confusing on their face while I shown my address to them, and I thought I would be helpless again. However, when they saw my hostel's name - "Prague House", I saw happiness on their faces, and I knew they were staying the same hostel as mine later. Finally, I fellow them to Prague House and met with Regina there.

Then, I felt that kept praying actually helps, "ask and you will recieve", I really got help finally when I was lost.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌