Las Vegas Trip – Food, Drink and Weather

Many people would say that you should try buffet in Las Vegas, because there is a lot of hotels and hotels surely would provide buffet. As said, so that SL and I tried a buffet during our stay in Las Vegas, we chose Wynn’s the Buffet after seeing a lot of reviews and recommendation on this award winner restaurant. Once we were landed to Las Vegas, we directly headed to Wynn Hotel and tried the Buffet, it was a weekday price at around USD50 for two people. Well, we didn’t wait too long because we were earlier than peak hour.

The restaurant is big and nice, they have a specified area for food and desert and it is enough space for many customers to walk along the selection window. Honestly, I like Wynn’s Buffet, it is really nice and delicious, I think it is worth for price because we need to pay even more if we tried Todai in Portland (we took it during SL’s birthday) but it wasn’t what we expected. However, Wynn’s dishes were much better than that and we didn’t expect it could be that nice, lot of selections, good in taste and nice looking. Anyways, we are too old now to take too much food which our stomach is not able to digest them at our eating rate. Due to that, we could still feel full until next morning by skipping our dinner.



Besides Wynn’s, there are also a lot of buffets in other hotel, they also provide a range of choices. A friend of mine who travelled Las Vegas at the same duration with me, they even got a buffet package at USD34.99, which is a one-day buffet pass and you can select your dining location at several participated hotels, therefore they able to take two lunch, a breakfast and a dinner at a budget price, that is a nice choice as well, just we didn’t take it.

After Wynn’s buffet, most of our time is taking burger for our budget trip, McDonald, Wendy, hotdog from some stall and Red Robin of course. Due to my birthday on 30th of April, I got a voucher from Red Robin, it allowed me to take a gourmet burger for free, so that I saved the voucher until our Las Vegas trip to save some cost on food. At the end of lunch, the staff even handed me two ballons and an ice cream dessert, which was more than my expectation and made me happy for the whole day. Red Robin!! I love Red Robin because it made me felt that I am special for my birthday :)



As every people know, Las Vegas located in the desert and my sister told me it is a hot and dry city before I departed, therefore I brought quite some amount of sun block and lotion for my skin protection. Nevertheless, it is still far hotter and drier than I thought, because I needed to keep drinking and applying sun block and lotion to keep my skin and throat healthy. Please don’t underestimate Las Vegas’s weather, it is really the toughest part to survive there, you need to keep yourself moisturize always, else you might get sick finally.

For me, I still can get rid with its hot weather, but the dryness is a though test to my body, I even could feel my skin was desired for more moist when I apply skin care on my face, it felt like be stung and asked for more moisturizer.

While we were walking on street, we had normally used up our energy, but food wasn’t our most desired part, and water was, therefore we kept drinking to keep our body fresh until we could finish all we had but still longing for drink. A long the street, you could see people selling mineral water, of course everyone would pay for it if they left no more water. Also, that is a normal phenomena to see a lot of people carried a long-neck glass walked on the street because it filled with a lot of water and you can enjoy every time you need it, somehow I even could see the glass is a foot long can reach your waist if you put it on ground. When I saw so many people had one, then I also hoped to get one, but I didn’t because it is quite expensive and most of them filled with alcohol which we don’t take so much alcohol.

Actually, drink can be considered expensive in Las Vegas because it located in desert, so that it is really precious item there. Fortunately, we were able to find a store which provided drink at affordable price, 2 gallons mineral water at USD2.09 and we found two bottles are enough for our usage for whole trip. If you plan to visit Las Vegas next time, I will suggest you to look for drink at “abc store”, tax is included into their price already which is convenient to people for doing price calculation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌