Las Vegas Trip ~ Planning, Departure and Arrival

At the very first place, we didn’t really have plan to visit Las Vegas, first reason is because SL had been there five years ago and second reason because I had been to several countries in Europe, so that their themed hotels shouldn’t be too special to me. The spark was started from early this year when SS and CP were planning for a trip to Las Vegas, then I wished to visit there and some nearby national parks (either Grand Canyon or Death Valley). However, the plan didn’t come true due to flight ticket was too expensive, then we just decided to make our booking early in five months ago. Finally, we were on flight to Las Vegas on May 28th of 2010.

Our flight was at early morning 8:20am, therefore we woke up early in that morning for catching the flight, I was so excited for that, I think Las Vegas is another famous city in US, no matter if it is famous in a good name or bad, it should be a nice place for travelling, I am sure that we should have some inspiration from this so-called sin city.

For me, if people ask me to name a city for gambling, nobody would leave Las Vegas behind, it is surely the first to be recalled, then Macau in Asia area and Genting Highlands in Malaysia, do you agree?

On the flight from Portland to Las Vegas, we needed to flight over Oregan then Nevada, there is where Las Vegas at. After for some time, we could see desert just below our flight, it just seem like a never ending dry land. And, Las Vegas is one of the cities located in the desert, still it can attract so many tourists to visit it.

From a book, I read that Las Vegas actually is “the meadow” in Spanish word, which mean it is an oasis among the desert, I think this is really an appropriate name to this city, it is not only an oasis in desert, but also an oasis to tourism of Nevada state.

Our journey to Portland Airport was quite smooth, there was nothing to surprise us this time as what we got from Los Angeles trip last year. Our flight was departed on time, then we were in flight, but that was a gang of people about six in total, who were talking quite loud in front of our seat, I prefer to say they were yelling actually because we only could hear their sound in whole of the plane, it was noise. Well, I first thought that would because they first ride on flight and too excited and assumed they would stop after take off. But, I was wrong because I still heard them kept yelling in the flight for two hours, it was the whole journey of the flight to Las Vegas, yes, their mouths were never stopped.

Finally, our flight was landed though we still hear their noise, I believed it would end finally after we left the flight, we would try all our best to avoid this gang of people, two hours is enough to me. Anyways, it really was the most miserable on-flight experience that I ever had, but I still didn’t want it ruin my mood.

After arrival, we immediately headed to Rental Car counter (you need to take train to ground transport area, then take a shuttle to the counter) to take our pre-reserved car, the whole process was quite smooth. After we settled everything in Las Vegas Airport, it was about eleven o’clock and it’s time for us to explore Las Vegas city and some places around it, there we would spend four days in this city, exploration, sightseeing, enjoy our vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌