Etiquette in Maldives

Actually, I read a lot of article about Maldives culture, just to make sure I don't offend them during travelling. From a lot of articles, which advise tourists wear more conservative which more cloth cover body and legs when we travel to Male. Therefore I think I will wear my long yoga pant during my arrival because I will have a night in Male, before transfer to a island resort.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293953-s606/Maldives:Tipping.And.Etiquette.html
Etiquette

Islam is the predominant religion in the Maldives. However, the resort islands are very relaxed and casual dress is the norm. Note though that beachwear is not acceptable in the restaurant(s) on resort islands or away from the resorts. Guests entering the restaurant in swimwear will be asked by a member of staff to cover up. See-through cover ups eg: sarongs made from sheer fabric, are also not acceptable in the restaurant. When visiting the capital Male, or local islands, visitors should adopt a more modest form of dress and ensure that shoulders and thighs, at least, are covered. Topless sunbathing is against the law, although it is seen from time to time from tourists who choose to show a lack of respect for local customs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌