pump hands free

During my last breastfeeding journey, I was using medela freestyle all the while to express breast milk whenever Samuel was not with me. I am very happy with freestyle and I totally like it's hands-free system, so that I could have my hands free for doing some other things while I am pumping.

Since last year, my company installed medela symphony in Mother Room, so that every nursing mother can enjoy this facility at office if they have the pump part with them. I really enjoy this benefit, because I don't even need to bring a pump to office, and this medela symphony pump is a hospital graded pump, it can easily express breast milk in shorter time and it is very quiet.

Well, theoretically said I like to use medela symphony, but I really wish to pump hands free, so that my vacant hands can do some other things instead of holding the pump parts.

At first, I bought a hands-free bra, I can say it is good but not perfect, due to my experience with medela freestyle, I still think medela freestyle hands-free system is the best. Why? Because I need to take off my clothes and bra before I put on hands-free bra, it takes more time. Second, I need to be extremely careful when I "unplug" the breast pump part to avoid milk leak onto the hands-free bra.

As I was not so satisfied with the hands-free bra, so I seeking some other options to pump hands-free, and finally I found some sharing online on how to pump hands-free just with elastic hair band, what a supreme idea? It really a cost saving hands-free system. However, some mothers mentioned milk will leak if using this method, and that also was my thought as it really looks unstable if only hooking one end of elastic hair band to the nursing bra, therefore I am thinking how to improve this to more milk leak safe.

Inspired by medela freestyle and the hands free pump method from the website, so I "redesigned" the tool by adding another two bands to help me stabilize the pump part, by using hair bands and paper clip.

The improved version will have three bands connect to the pump parts, one end will hook at the hook of nursing bra, another two ends will use the paper clips to clip at the bottom of nursing bra, extend it to the most stable position.

By using this improved version, I felt I am using medela symphony pump with medela freestyle hand free system, this is really the perfect combination for me.

The link that mentioned how to pump hands free: https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/hands-free-pumping/

hair bands and clips arrangement

how they fit into a pump part
full view with the whole pump part
setup for 2 pump parts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌