Day 5 in Los Angeles - The Getty Center (31 July 2009)

Finally, it was our last day in Los Angeles and it was also my last day together with SL, I was sad with another seperation but I should be happy that I can stay a day longer as we planned.

At the morning, we checked out from our Super 8 Motel and headed to LAX airport, our flights were night flight but we planned to left our luggages in some storage service in airport, which I assumed there should be one.

After checked out, we bought a day trip Metro ticket, this assured us for unlimited travel with Metro transportation, there we need to take three lines (from Hollywood/Western to 7th Street, 7th Street to Imperial/Wilmington, then Imperial/Wilmington to Aviation/LAX) and a shuttle from Hollywood to LAX Airport.



While I was travelling in Europe, it was normal to find some locker area in airport (especially international airport), this provides convenience to night flight tourists to store their luggages, so that tourists can have a short day trip before their scheduled flight.

Well, we checked online about locker service in LAX a night before, but it told us the airport doesn't provide this service after 911 tragedy, this is because US government worried if terrorist have some boms store in the locker, but I think locker is not the only place if there is really a bom, toilet and anywhere is convenient to put a bom too.

Anyways, I still half believed with website's information and wished that I could find at least a locker in the airport, but it was true that I could not find a locker, even though we asked with information counter. Bad luck made me unhappy and I really didn't want to carry my luggage for the rest of my day for your visiting location.

Fortunately, I saved a storage provider's contact during my search at the night before, therefore we called to them and requested luggage storage for the day, this service provides luggage storage to tourists, which they picked up our luggage from the airport and stored it outside of LAX, then we only needed to call time while we wanted to collect our luggage. Well, this service provides convenience to us, but we considered it expensive which costed us USD18 for a day storage (includes USD10 for pick up and drop off) with no choice.

LAX Luggage Storage website: http://www.laxluggagestorage.com

After we settled our luggage, we just immediately went to our last visiting place, it is The Getty Center, I think there is a must visit location if you travelled to LA. Actually, it took us a lot of time on bus from LAX to Getty Center. From the Airport, we need to take Airport shuttle to Metro Station, then transit to line 3 of Big Blue Bus to Westwood and took Metro Bus 761 to Getty Center, this would take us 2.5 hours on travelling. The worst part for us was our line 3 Big Blus Bus driver was 30 minutes late of her schedule, there we could see the next bus took over her on the journey, so that we spent 3 hours in the bus until we finally get to Getty Center at 4pm.

Finally, we were there, Getty Center is actually located on a hilltop, there we needed to take a tram at the entrance up to the hill, where the tram is free to ride. While I was on the hill and saw the Getty Center, I just felt amazed with it because I could never imagine it is so big and beautiful, it is really worth to visit though we wasted three hours in bus.

Generally, admission to Getty Center and exhibition are free, this is a good start for us that we don't really need to worry how much to spend on the trip. However, the Getty is closed at 5:30pm on Friday, this means that we doesn't have much time to visit every place in the Center, therefore we just chose two exhibitions for visit.

While I was walking inside the exhibition halls, I felt like I was back to Europe, where I spent my whole day in Europe's musuem and gallery. Well, the Getty Center is not as big as Louvre Musuem, but it is really amazed me with their building and exhibition, which makes me remembered my time in Europe.

The entrance of the Getty Center.


The tram from entrance to the Getty Center at hilltop.


The building of Getty Center.


SL was planning for our short trip in Getty.


Painting in exhibition hall.


There is a well designed statue in the exhibition hall, which the artist really put a lot of effort on it, there you could find the eyes is made of glass, which makes it look mimic lively.





After an hour walking around the Getty Center, it was time to leave because we have another 2.5 hours to travel to Los Angeles Airport, with luggage collection and check in procedure.

Of course, we never forgot to take some pictures in the Getty Center, so that we could keep this memory in our future viewing.

The view from Getty Center.


My naughty picture taking, this is actually an untouched kiss :P


The Getty Center detail: http://www.getty.edu

Honestly, it was sad for another seperation, I just couldn't help to think that I have to spend my endless lonely night in Malaysia again. After SL and I both checked in to our airline (SL backed to Oregon and I backed to Malaysia), we bought two McDonald burgers for our dinner, then I insisted to follow SL to his terminal as I didn't want to waste any opportunity to keep us together before aparted.

SL was eating his burger on the way to his terminal, while I only took it after arrived there and requested SL to stay with me before I could finish it, but I knew that we would seperate after the last bite :( Finally, it was time to be aparted, SL hugged me tightly and gave me a kiss, which I never thought he would, then I just saw him walked to the security checkpoint (actually he walked in wrong direction at the first place :P) until I couldn't see him from my sight.

Thereafter, I just on my way returned to the international terminal, but I was feeling sad as I thought two people could stay together forever after getting married, why is this not my case? I thought I could survive happily during seperation, but I know I am not as strong as I thought and I actually hate for seperation, especially another seperation after met again, this is even hurt.

Perhaps, I was too concentrated on my sad emotion, there until I didn't really recognise my path, then I wasn't sure if I was in the correct direction to Tom Bradley International Termical, where I thought it was a carpark from my sight and I thought I was lost. Fortunately, I knew it was only one way from terminal 6 to international terminal, then I just proceeded my walking on the same direction even though I had doubt on it.

Without doubt, I got to the international terminal finally and boarded on to the flight on time and have my way back to Malaysia alone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.
Dawn said…
You are welcome, I am happy that my blog can help :)

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌