Memorial to my uncle

Again, this is a month full with lot of bad news, I still remembered that I heard a lot of bad news on my friends' relative's news during month of seventh in Lunar calendar. I couldn't recalled about number, but I know it is more than three of past away news at the same month in last year.

It is month of seventh again this year, and the first sad news is from my uncle, I was stunned when I first knew the news, it was through an offline messanger from my sister. I was kind of busy last few days, therefore I didn't sign in to my messanger until this morning, but the first messanger that I saw this morning is from my sister, I think it was sent to me few days ago while I was still offline.

In messanger, she told me that my uncle, who is my mother's eldest brother was past away and my family decided to keep this secret from my grandmother, then my mother and my sister is going to Singapore for his funeral.

Somehow, I felt really sad with the news, this is the first death news in my life which related to a person closes to me and can leave some memory to me. Since I am grown up, I didn't know about what does lost really mean, I always think that person would live happily and they will never leave you. On the other hand, I thought I will be easy to let it go, as I thought "born, age, sick, death" are a normal process in our live, therefore we should take it easy. However, I know that I couldn't just take it easy as I thought, it is really sad to know someone who close to you past away, this means you will never see him again in the rest of your life, doesn't this sound sad?

In my memory, my uncle is a healthy and strong person, I could never believe that he would leave us so early, he is my grandmother's eldest son but he still looks young among his sibling, I think my grandmother would be really sad if she knows this bad news, therefore we cannot let her know, she is 85 years old already and she can't accept any shock now although she is still healthy.

At past, my uncle would come to our house every Chinese New Year from Singapore, he is non-stop every year but I couldn't see him anymore next year, I suddenly feel sad and how can we tell our grandmother about his absence during Chinese New Year?

Long ago, I thought the first born would leave first then the later leave after, but this actually is not true, we could never predict our last moment, now how can a white-hair see a black-hair gone, this is the saddest moment to a mother.

After knowing the bad news, I just know that we should cherish every moment that we have in this world and cherish the one you love. Before I learn about death, I never know about lost, now I am so scared to lose anyone who I really care, then I just kept reminding SL to take care of himself and don't think too much else he would be in desperation, we need to be happy all the time becuase we are still able to breath.

Comments

gsl25 said…
Dont be sad... I will be always by your side, although sometimes not physically, :-)
Mum with Hope said…
Oh that's so sad. May you and your family be comforted. Would your grandma be more upset when she found out later? Sooner or later she will know, right?
I learnt the lesson of separation early in life when my father passed away 17 years ago when I was only 12. SO cherish your loved ones. Note: Physical death is a result of our sins, that's why no one can escape it because we all have sins. Our time are in God's hand.

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌