Thanksgiving celebration

Today is Thanksgiving Day, this is a day to celebrate the fruitful year and give thanks on all blessing to us, people used to celebrate their fruitful harvesting on this day in old time. Well, there are more occopations nowaday, not only who involves in plantation will celebrate today. Since we are in US currently, therefore SL and I decided to have small feast for ourselves to mark this special day.

We woke up in the early morning today about 4am, just for get a chance to buy Oregonian newspaper which we missed it last night, luckily we got it just at the vendor machine outside of our apartment, which is really thick and have the full version of big sale information on Black Friday, Black Friday is the craziest shopping day of the year, which mark the starting of holiday season and traffic will jam at many major route of the city. Of course I want to join the madness party, which is once in a lifetime for me, so that I can get my eyes opened :P

After we got our newspaper, SL drove me to Tanabourne area, there is main sale area of our area, we could see people started to line up in front of Target and Bestbuy, there even have some tents at Bestbuy and people were having barbeque there, it is about 24 hours before big sale started at the store, unbelievable but true, my SL surely doesn't have this patience to wait in the cold night for 24 hours, and I also prefer to spend my time to have funnier celebration.

After that, we backed to our apartment and continue to sleep :P After woke up, it's time for us to prepare our Thanksgiving feast. As usual, SL prepared the main course and I made dessert (I think we can be perfect couple to open a restaurant ^_^). As in US, people surely will make turkey for their Thanksgiving feast, then SL was roast turkey as well, with cranberry source that he prepared last night, sided with mashed potato and green bean, this is what SL pretty good at.

And me, I decided to fully utilised my Kitchenaid stand mixer and made some mushroom tart from its recipe, this actually took a lot of time, anyways I love baking and I felt happy when I am doing it, and even happiet when SL liked it.

We spent about 2 hours to finish our dishes and happy with what we had made, that was what we did for our first half of Thanksgiving. And... our second half was spent on surveying leaflet and which area we wanted to go for shopping, then took rest and finally for our shopping spree at sleepless night of the year :P wahahaha....








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌