My ipad

After we did all our shopping, SL and I just dropped by to Washington Square as we got information from online that Apple Store would offer some special deal on Black Friday morning. Since I am thinking to have an e-reader and ipad is in my choice, then why not we just take a peak ^_* Then we found that would be $41 discount on ipad product, it was attractive enough and finally I decided to get the ipad upon Kindle DX.

To double confirm, we enquired the salegirl if iBookstore got application support in Malaysia, I think there is not much Apple staffs dealed with international customers, or international customers never care how Apple provides their service, the salegirl didn't really clear with their application. However, she is pretty helpful and asked around with colleagues and searched for information from "Apple dictionary", then she told us that we can get iBook application in Malaysia but maybe with different content as US version, but we definitely can get support. Well, though I am not sure how trustable her answer, but I just took it and I was thinking to try out after back, else I might consider to return my ipad. Also, we got some informations on how to setup account and gift card questions, because I never used Apple product before, I just didn't really know how good is it and how it worked.

Anyways, I was really happy at that point, because SL bought it for me, he so loves me and allowed me to own something that we didn't even know if it is really worth for its price.

After checked for our shopping items, I started to play with my ipad. Well, I think Apple people are all too smart as they don't really provide a full manual for user but some pieces of papers which they so called as documentation =.=". Fortunately, I got a laptop at home and I can connect to internet anytime, then I just followed their "documentation" for doing setup and reading manual from their website (of course this is good for create green environment ^_^).

At the very first, I just found troublesome because I need to do a lot of things through a laptop and an itune account is essentially for doing all these. Well, I just tried to get used with it.

Then, immediately I went to their application to find for iBook, there is a virtual shelf and I could download some free book, also I could buy books from iBookstore. Good, at least they really can meet my first requirement, then I wanted to test iBookstore capacity, but I don't even can find the famous series story "Harry Potter" in their list (or am I getting something wrong?) Then, I started feeling disappointed, seem like their only got "Twilight" and books from US?? I am doubt if this is really possible.

However, SL asked me not to give up, then I just browse through their App Store, and I found "kobo", this is a reader application of Borders bookstore, there I found some hopes because that means ipad perhaps can be an e-reader for application other than iBookstore, immediately I browse for amazon Kindle and I found it, hooray... this is really a good news to me, then I just played with Kindle bookshelf and it is working, I can get book from amazon Kindle, free or buy, they are working. From that moment, I was really happy, ipad can really be a good reader to me because they actually got support from Kindle. Thanks Kindle for extending their service recently to PC, ipad, Andriod, etc. It is really a good news to me :)

After confirmed that my ipad is working well with Kindle, I just turned and seeing other features from Apple, game, online, MSN, skype, e-mail, music, photo, etc. Wow, it is really an amazing tablet, I can do a lot of things with it, not only to be an e-reader to me. Though they don't have a physical keyboard, they are convenient for outdoor, it just like to carry a book but with a lot of things inside. And they got long-life battery, I mostly believe it really can last for 10 hours as they claim, but I still haven't used it for 10 hours.

For the whole afternoon, SL and I were so excited to test out ipad features, it is really a fun stuff and I love it so much, thanks SL for getting it to me, he really made a nice decision to choose ipad. Although ipad still don't support same Microsoft application and flash (I can't play my playfish games in facebook), it is still good enough for my casual usage, especially I am totally satisfied with its e-reader function, this is my primary purpose to buy it. Now, we wonder how long can this tablet working fine? Hopefully it got a long lifetime :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌