Logo's Hope Floating Book Fair

Logo's Hope Floating Book Fair is arrived to Penang from 25 August to 25 September, I was there at the second day of its opening, it was so crowded on Saturday, we needed to line up to get a pass from port officer before on board and there were still a lot of visiters waiting for boarding.

Finally, we successfully on board and pay RM1 for entrance fee, which I think it was reasonable, because this book fair is supported by a group of volanteer from different nationals, where you could find there nation from their badge.

It was my first time to visit a floating book fair on a real ship, this ship is travelling to different places for public to visit, their books' price is calculated by unit, which 100 units worth for RM8. To me, their story book price are fair and seem like cheaper than other bookstore, but their cookbooks price are not much different.

Due to too crowded and limited exhibition space, I found hard to walk inside the bookstore, I found a lot of people just stood around me which I couldn't walk freely in the ship to shift from shelf to shelf to find my dedicated books, so I suggest who love to buy one or two books on board, you better wait to visit it during working day.

Actually, I paid a visit to this book fair with very high expectation, that I thought I could find a lot of books and a lot of storeys inside the ship, I thought there is a convience reading corner for visitor to rest and choose their favorite books, I thought I could find a lot more of different categories of books there and I even thought that I could spend at least two hours on board.

However, I only stayed about an hour on board and at Swettenham Pier at last. Well, I didn't mean it wasn't worth to visit, but I was putting too high expectation and it was too crowded to prevent me to stay longer.

Besides bookstore, they actually have a theatre but I didn't join because I was there at wrong timing, and I need to insist the trip is one way trip, once you exited from bookstore then you are exited. At the begining, they are seats for people and decoration for taking pictures. And their cafe is after exit. After exit the bookstore, you can see a series of wall pictures about a lost son finally repent and back home.

Overall, I think this book fair is fine but their space is limited, if it was held at Pisa or somewhere bigger, I think it can contain more people and more book at a time and visitor could find more convenience and spend longer time to dig their favourite.

Logo's hope website: http://www.gbaships.org/in/malaysia/index.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌