my swimming experience

Of course, I am not a good swimmer and never took a swimming class before, but somehow I think swimming is my favourite sport, I don't mind that I swim slower than others, but I like the feeling in water and doing exercise. When swimming, you need to concentrate, right? Else you would get drown, therefore I could temporary forget my job. And, people said this is the best sport to keep our body fit, I am not sure if this is true but I like it because I won't make me sweating hardly like other sports.

Well, I didn't know how to swim since young, until I tried to playing in water during my teenage and I saw everyone can swim freely in water, so I want to know how to swim. Then, I tried hard to paddle my hands and feet in water, I found that I could float and move in water after some trials, so I considered that I could "swim", though it was actually swimming with no style.

However, I didn't have much opportunity to swim until I move to Penang, and I even can swim everyday after I move into a condominium. Then, I started have weekly swimming session in my condominium's swimming pool with my best friends (YY, LE and LP). Among my friends, LE is the best swimmer and she took class before, therefore we keep asking her about technique, I took some but it always overrided with my existing no style. Though I still could swim freely, I just couldn't swim as relax as LE, I would feel tired within a lap, they told me this is problem with synchronization but I just wasn't sure where went wrong.

Fortunately, it was a weeklong holidays from my company and we stayed in Penang, so SL accompanied me to swim in the swimming pool, he didn't know how to swim and I taught him my no style. Well, SL thought I was right and follow my no style as well, then SL could swim no style as well finally. After SL could float and move in water, he was very happy and kept practice everyday, just we knew something was wrong but we couldn't find it.

One day, SL searched for breaststroke (frog) swimming style on youtube and shared with me, then we know the correct swimming sequential and synchronization for this, of course I was wrong for so many years :P With this, we were trying hard to follow what we understood from youtube into swimming pool, and it works, that we found that we could swim freely and relax with minimum tireness. Yes, that is what we call swimming with style, well I think we might still need some improvement but we were much better than before.

Honestly, it is really funny when I found that I actually swam so wrong for so many years and I even taught it to SL. Luckily there is someone sharing the correct swimming style in youtube, else I would be wrong forever =.="

After all this, I like to swim and I would spend a least a day to swim in swimming pool, but clorine in the pool is not good for skin and hair, so that we don't swim everyday. And after swimming, I always apply conditioner on my hair and lotion on my skin to reduce harm.

I like swimming, I like swimming... haha... not sure how long I can last with this hobby ^_^

Youtube link that we searched for correct breaststroke style: http://www.youtube.com/user/leadingss#p/a/u/2/2R8DHYd7D28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌