Day 6 in Hong Kong (20/3/2008 Cultural Day)

It's another full day for us, we were doing a lot of things from day to night, visiting varies places, ate, saw until listened to musical performance, it's a meaningful day, we started like Hong Kong Tourism Centre, they really do a lot of program to attract their tourists to make sure we are having memorable moment in Hong Kong.

At our first day to Tim Sha Tsui, we saw TV was promoting the Flower Show would be held coincidently with our staying period in Hong Kong, therefore we planned forward to visit this festival by this day. We departed to Victoria Park in Causeway Bay at the early morning, There were a lot of flowers exhibited in the Park, we think this is really rare in Hong Kong :P therefore, we took a bunch of pictures in the park. Honestly, this is really a special experience in Hong Kong, also it's my first time to visit a Flower Show, SL also really liked it.







We were abled to see some special flowers in Hong Kong Flower Show, we couldn't stop to take pictures of them, even we didn't know their name. Like three pictures at below, the first flower looks like pineapple shape until we were amazed what makes them look like this. The second picture is flower mix with two colour evenly, it is weird to us. The most rarely one is the third, which is an orchid with 10000 years old, we really couldn't believe it, because orcid looks weak to us, how can it lives from 10000 years? That's why it is protected inside the exhibition window, I think it worth a lot.











Surprisingly to us, because we were abled to see a counter from Malaysia, Malaysia's art is taken in below picture, it is about undersea world, which you can find turtle and fish in Malaysia beach.



Well, our visiting time was close to Beijing Olympic 2008, therefore we could find a lot of flower works about the theme, here the picture from Olympic mascot, they were made with flowers, I think this was really great and amazing work.



After flower show, we decided pay a visit to Time Square of Hong Kong, it was beautiful, and we found an exhibition of Jimmy's work at the lounge, it was special but we were disallowed to take picture with Jimmy's art, except a model in the middle.





We couldn't find anything in Time Square and we left it within short time to hunt for lunch. As we planned earlier, we took tram to Central for our lunch at Yong Chee Restaurant, it is introduced from our tourism book, also we always see this restaurant name appear in Hong Kong drama series, it is in my must-eat list for Hong Kong trip.

On tram, we met a good man, who offered to take picture for us, this picture is rare couple picture for our trip. After we reached to Central, SL leaded me all the way to restaurant as he did lot of researches on the route in Central.

After we got into restaurant, we found there was long queue of customers waiting to be served. When we put our name in waiting list, the waitress asked us whether request for personal table or shared table, this made us confused and we confirmed for personal table. After that, we found that is normal to shared table with people, who you don't know, this would shorten your waiting duration.

After long period of waiting (I think we waited for a least an hour), we finally managed to sit in front of table and took a look on menu. However, we were surprised at the first glance on menu because the price is really extremely expensive, this was what we unexpected. Well... of course we knew the meal should be expensive, but their price was totally over what we were expected.

Finally, we only ordered two plates of roasted goose rices and a plate of spring roll, this had costed us HK$252, this is the most expensive meal for these few days. I know SL wouldn't spend this expense if he came alone (I think he would leave the restaurant once he saw price in menu), but he knew that I really hoped to have a try at Yong Chee Restaurant, I know he always tries to help my hopes come true.







After lunch, we walked around Central, of course we never forgot to take a trip with its escalator until the middle of moutain. This is the first longest escalator that I ever saw, it would lead us until the middle of mountain, the whole journey would take us about 20 to 30 minutes to finish. Actually, I found I was a little silly insisted to finish all the step of escalator because it was nothing too special to us along the way, but I just hoped to complete it, to feel some experience of mission completion.

Due to the escalator can only operate in one direction (downward in earlier morning and upward in late morning until evening), so that we needed to walked back to the original start point from the middle of mountain. Between that, we were abled to visit some special recommanded streets. We took a look at Li Yuan Street, originally planned to buy a hair band, but gave up because it was too expensive.

At the middle, we went to Jie Zhi Street and drank the famous beverage, stocking Milk Tea, I couldn't find any special with it but SL said its taste thinker. Actually we planned to eat egg tart at Bai Hua Street, but we were too full after lunch, therefore we didn't have it and planned to have it at the next day.





After walking among streets in Central, we needed to move to pier no. 9 at Victoria Harbour before 5pm, because we had an appointment with "Duckling Boat", this is provided by Hong Kong Tourism Centre for their tourists with free of charge. The whole journey takes about an hour to complete, it will bring us from Central in west of Hong Kong to beach at East, then sails back to west at the opposite of Victoria Harbour, stop at Star Ferry. This is really an excellent experience to see along Hong Kong River by boat with free.



However, weather of the day was quite cold and I only worn short sleve T-shirt with skirt (Yeah... SKIRT), I was feeling extremely cold for all the journey because we didn't prepare with any sweater, I even felt myself trembled all the while. During the journey, SL didn't forget to block those cold wind for me (although this doesn't help much) and rugged my armed for keeping me warm, this made me felt that he was really sweet, he always would tries his best to protect me. No matter its helped or not, but this is enough for me.

Haha... You could see something from the boat in our video clip :)



The boat arrived to Star Harbour at 6pm, we rushed to Cultural Center immediately for our next event, listened to free musical performance, we got this performance information when we were first visit to Hong Kong Cultural Center and we made today planning just to make sure we could fully used our time.

The musical performance was performed by three people, they are violin player (look like he is the lead), piano player and cello player, this is another excellent hour, they really played a lot of good songs for us and earn a lot of cheering.

Well... another unforgotable performance from this musical performance was we found a man was dancing at the hidden point from stage follow with music on stage, his action was really funny until a lot of audiances attracted by his performance. The video clip show one of his dance performance with song of Shanghai Beach :P



After musical performance, we backed to hotel to get change with jacket and jean because we couldn't bear with cold weather at night. Then, we backed to the harbour and waiting for Symphony of Light at 8pm, we were really lucky on choosing our hotel at Tim Sha Tsui because it is really convenience for us to reach to many hot spots.

After Symphony of Light completed its performance, we sneaked to Lok Street to hunt for dinner and we finally decided to eat in Yong Fa Cafe, I ordered noodle. I personally feel this restaurant with reasonable pricing if compare with other restaurant, our set meal came with a bolw of noodle, a cup of drink and extra with a plate of vegetable, this only costed us with HK$34.

While I was eating, I remembered I was always travelling alone few years ago, I was the only person to plan for trip, to find the street and food. But this time, I was with SL travelled along with me, I found a little of happiness and I wouldn't lonely after that, I found I was in happiness then. Therefore, I told myself that I should cherish SL with gratefully, because he is really a good husband, too difficult to find one, he loves me, respects me, always forgives me and bears with my bad temper, what do I still need to request from him? Nothing more, only love :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌