Choosing resort for Maldives vacation

At very first when we planned for our Maldives trip, we chose to go to Club Med Kani Resort and lagoon suite was our first choice. However, lagoon suites of Club Med were gone so fast when we have decided on our travel date.

Then, we only decided to downgrade our lagoon suite to beach bangalow, but bad news came twice that beach bungalow was sold out as well during our traveling period, and we only can choose either travel earlier or after mid of October. Finally, we only cancelled our plan for Club Med because we can't make it for those exclusive date.

After searching for several resorts, I found that Vilamendhoo Island Resort is the one that meets our requirement and budget, another point that attracted me is this resort needs seaplane transfer because boarding with a seaplane is really a special experience in Maldives and we can see islands of Maldives and Indian Ocean from top with bird view, isn't this amazing?

Then, we finally reserved our trip with Vilamendhoo Island Resort, so I did a lot of research about Maldives, quite some reviews encourage people reserve a water villa because you can clearly have ocean view right in front of your room, some resorts even designed to have see through glass at bathroom, so that customer can view the ocean when they are taking shower. After reading all these, I suddenly wished to stay in a water villa instead.

So, I searched for any other resorts still have water villas available with our budget and we finally found Kuredu Island Resort, I nearly wanted cancel our reservation to switch to Kuredu Island Resort (cancellation made 21 days before departure will be free). However, Kuredu Island Resort is the second largest island in Maldives but I was not sure if how big is it, though I saw a lot of good reviews about Kuredu Island Resort.

Therefore, I compared two resorts for making my decision. And finally I chose Vilamendhoo Island Resort with following reasons;

1. There are ten reef exits in Vlamendhoo and corals are accessible just in a few minutes of swimming, but I didn't see any comment about Keredu Island Resort on their house reef. Our main activity to visit Maldives is snorkeling, so I wish that we can snorkel everyday without any boat needed, so Vilamendhoo is perfectly match our need.

2. Vilamendhoo is smaller and don't need to walk too long for a round trip of island, Kuredu Island Resort needs about 1.5hour around according to my research, well this isn't too long, but imagine if I wish to walk around it more regular everyday, especially when you want to take sunset and sunrise pictures. So, I think we prefer Vilamendhoo Island Resort.

3. SL is a paranoia person, he would think of a lot of pessimistic scenarios happen if we cancel reservation, therefore we finally stick to our original plan for Vilamendhoo.

And now, we both are in Vilamendhoo Island Resort, walking around, snorkeling, photography, kayaking, resting, sight seeing, sunbathing, and I really enjoy with all we are doing now, this is the holiday we were looking forward for so long. The beach villa is perfect enough even we don't have chance to stay at water villa, beach view is so nice to enjoy.

Well, I am not at Kuredu Island Resort now, so I cannot compare between them, but I don't regret to stick at Vilamendhoo Island Resort at all, SL also likes here a lot, we even dream if we have chance to revisit here in few years later.

Website of Vilamendhoo Island Resort and Spa: www.vilamendhooisland.com

Enjoying our stay in the resort with


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌