Snorkeling in Vilamendhoo Island Resort

The activity that I enjoyed the most in Maldives is snorkeling, I could see a lot of corals and fish in this ocean, the fish and coral I found here is more than anywhere that I have ever been.

Vilamendhoo has 10 reef exits for visitor snoerkilng, visitors should follow the channel to reef exit to the reef for viewing sea creatures at deep sea, then visitors should follow the edge of reef and swim back to resort by the same reef exit or to the next exit.

These reef exits were created to avoid visitors accidentally touch those corals, as corals are very fragile and they will get damaged once been touched.

From my snorkeling experience in Vilamendhoo, I think south of island is more beautiful and safer, we see a lot different types of coral over there because reef isn't too steep. Especially, reef near to water sport center.

On the other hand, I felt stronger current at north of island, it will be more difficult to swim. Also, slope of reef at north side is more steep, therefore we couldn't see too much coral over this area, but there are a lot of fish there, with different size, different colour and different species.

Vilamendhoo doesn't include snorkeling equipment for room reservation, but equipments can be rented from dive center, current rate is USD8 a day for mask, snorkel and fins, there is promotion for five days rental with a day free, I think this rate is fair if you are in short trip but it might be worth if trip is long or you like snorkeling a lot and plan for returning trip. If you don't confident to swim without life jacket, then life jacket rental is USD13 a day, I think it is worthier to bring it from home country because I bought my life jacket with RM35, it is about a day rental.

Overall, I think Vilamendhoo is a nice snorkeling island, it is easy access to reef just a few minutes of swimming.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌