Another seperation story

This afternoon, I had tea break with some good friends in company cafe, there I knew about a lady in my company, who had similar experience as me, that her husband was relocating to another country for a year in past. Then, the lady decided to take long leave and followed his husband there, she is a brave lady because she was willing to give up her career for her loved one, actually I felt respect to her. When I was in decision making situation, I was hesitated to choose give up any of them, therefore I chose to stay in Malaysia when SL was going for relocation at half year ago because I think eight months wasn't too long for us and we should be able to go through those tough period.

However, I would choose to follow him if seperation is longer than a year, as I know that is our limit.

When situation comes to selection, I think girl always is the one who sacrified herself for her family, actually I don't like this because this is really unfair to girl, why can't girls keep their job?

As a child from an unhappy family, I always believe that girls should have ability to earn money, even though they get married, because marriage cannot promise that you will be feeded forever. Now, we might be have a good husband who said that they are willing to feed us, but nobody knows their marriage can last forever (though I trust SL). Since I was a kid, my father never paid anything for our family and my mother was the only breadwinner, this clearly tell me that girls should never depend on their husband, but themselves.

Therefore, it was pretty hard to me when come to a choice between marriage and job because they both are important, that I would set a limitation for our seperation, one year would be the longest seperation, otherwise I still think marriage is more important.

Comments

Mum with Hope said…
It's because girls are smarter and they can do more things!:P We know that we can always find a job later. However you don't always find a good husband and able to spend those precious time together. I know you have made your decision, and there is no right or wrong but you just have to put up with the consequences.:D
I would go with Dane if I'm allowed.

I actually earn a good wage if I work but I have chosen to stay at home not because I have to but because my children deserve the best care they can have.
Mum with Hope said…
Have to add, you are very brave to stay back and it is not an easy road. I think you have done quite well so far and I'm sure you guys will have a happy family together!

Don't always think it's a sacrifice when you have to give up something but see it as an action of LOVE! And sacrifice is not always a bad thing to do. Take care and God bless!
Dawn said…
Yes, I am agree with you, that we don't always find a good husband, therefore when come to a choice for longer seperation, I would choose to follow him as well :)

Actually, I support that lady's decision because I would do the same for a year of seperation.
Mum with Hope said…
I know what you mean, but isn't 8 months is just as long as 1 year? In my humble opinion 8 months is still a very long time to be separated.
P.S: Just ignore me if you feel that I'm talking too much and should just keep my opinion to myself.:P Take care!
Dawn said…
Yes, before seperation, we thought eight months wasn't too long; but after seperation, it is different story, especially when we met some hard time, that we can't solve it together.
Mum with Hope said…
Be strong and hang in there, everything will be ok! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌