visa interview

We reserved the day after the long holiday (23 September) for our visa interview appointment, so that we could go to America Embassy at Kuala Lumpur from Muar with my in-laws, this would be the best arrangement because we could take them together in case that they couldn't get in correct direction.

Our reservation time was 8:20am, but we arrived to KL by 6:30am because we thought it would be trafic jam on the way to KL that we departed at 4am, but trafic was smooth all the way. After arrived, SL took a short break in the car as he didn't sleep much at the night before.

After the short break, we headed to America Embassy at around 7:45am, just after the first session appointment, the procedure was similar with my last visa interview, that we need to get a visitor badge at the guard, then went through with two layers of security check, then we just got into the Embassy office.

When we were in the Embassy office, we needed to go through with three steps for our queue number to be called, first calling is registration which we needed to pass all main documents to counter, second steps for our ten fingerprints taken and third step for interview session that officer would talk to us to confirm if we are qualified to travel to US.

However, I think my fingerprints might be special, because they needed to take several times until they were taken, this also happened during my last interview, but I wasn't really sure any reason for it.

The whole visa interview process was smooth, this might because SL is only extended his current visa and he is working in US currently, and he needed this visa to continue his current work. Also, my father-in-law can speak fluent English and he didn't find difficulty to communicate with officer and with valid reason, this helps them to get a visitor visa easily.

Actually, the America Embassy provides courier delivery (which costs RM35 each passport) to send our passport back to our stated address, which they would ask you if you need a courier service when your visa application get approval. Then, we chose to have my in-laws' passports send with courier service while our passports would be collected by our company's travel agent.

Finally, we only took about 2 hours to complete whole interview process, this considers fast if compared with my last 3-hours section, I think the best method for this is to book an early timeslot, so that you won't get too many people in queue before you.

After that, we took our lunch together and aparted, that we headed to Penang and my in-laws backed to Muar. SL looks specially happy today because he was worried about this visa interview for many days (well, he is this type of person, which he would keep worrying for a thing even it is not necessary to worry until he got it done), and he got the visa interview process completed smoothly.

Due to watching too much Naruto at last month, I got addicted on eating Ramen (which is Naruto's favourite food), then I had our dinner in a Japanese restaurant and I ordered a Ramen, yummy yummy, it was delicious. You couldn't imagine how annoying I was because I kept telling SL that "I want to eat Ramen, I want to eat Ramen..." for several days, until I got my wish fulfilled :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌