Be confident

This is a pleasure evening, I have had my dinner with YY at i-avenue, we told a lot and shared a lot on our thoughts, somehow I find our thought are quite similar. Actually, it is actually quite happy if you can share your mind with each other :)

At first, we talked about that everyone needs to have a skill (like music, painting, tailoring, etc), so that we could use it for survive when we lose our job, this recalled something that my mother told me when I was young, she also said the same thing to us, but we just ignored it. Until now, I am kind of regret for not listening to my mum, as I gave up when I had chance to learn organ and piano, then my youngest sister succeeded it, also I dropped out when I had opportunity to learn drawing which my another sister persisted it. Besides, I actually was full with luck to pick up tailoring skill but I also ignored it, until now I only can be an engineer and handed my life to managers.

On the other hand, YY is really hardworking to practise her painting skill now, this is another skill that can make us survive when we were suddenly jobless. And now, I am thinking if I should start to pick up some class and learn some skill, so that I won't be just become an useless person in the world then.

Then, we talked about that kids should find they talent since young, so that parents can help them to develop it, but they need to be persistance on learning, so that they won't drop out when they meet problem, just like what I was missed out. This time, I really admire with my two sisters as they never give up on their dream and they are still continue doing what they really love. What I should say is that is really the greatest joy in our life if we are doing what we love.

What can make a kid so persistence on their dream and keep chasing it? Actually we still don't really have the correct answer for this, but we found that encouraging and character is really important. There I told YY that my sisters participated some contest during their schooltime, and they won some prizes (actually is good position) from there, I wondered if this is an energy to help them keep on going? I also think character is important as some people would be more realistic until they give up their dream when they thought it wasn't helpful in their life, or some people are too less of confident and just drop out when they found their talent wasn't too capable enough to make them survive.

When I was in secondary school, I wrote an short article to a student magazine and it was selected by editor, this won me some stationary, now I found that actually is a good energy to drive myself to another career path, which is writing. However, I didn't continue with it and I am thinking what caused me failed to make it that time, I am not really sure, I think there are some factors. That time, a classmate actually found my article on the student magazine and enquired me, but I was so embarrassed and I even didn't dare to admit to him that was my article, sometime I think I am a person who less with a lot of confident, I couldn't believe myself on my talent, even though I really make it and I just tell that is pure luck. Well, what makes me fail to believe myself? I don't really know, if this possible because of my broken childhood? I never know the answer, this only thing I can do now is start building my confident and have more faith on myself.

Well, it would be really a long story when talking about my unconfidence history, but I need to continue with next topic, perhaps I would share my dark story sometime later.

Continue... YY and I discussed about Malaysian (actually is Eastern people) 's concept (or culture), parents always hope their kids are studying hard so that they can get a good result in exam, then go to university and find a good job, like lawyer, doctor, those look like well-earned jobs, is engineer consider one of them?? However, most parents are neglected their kids' talent or they think actually those talent doesn't help their kids to have a good life in future, therefore a lot of people actually don't really have opportunity to let their talent grows until it vanishes in one day, as I always believe that talent won't wait for us, it will be gone when we don't develop it properly on time.

From our conversation, we said that we should be good parents and try to help our kids to develop themselves, without limit them just to get good result in exam, as their talent might be help them the most in future, rather than score an all-As in exam. Well, I hope I can make it when I am a mother, as I am thinking if I would just become a normal mother when I really have a kid, by just pushing them to get good result. This is really a test to me :)

Besides, YY shared about her friend's story, her friend was actually full with ambition when she was young, just like us then. However, she is totally changed after an accident took his brother's life, she just found that life is unforseenable after that, and she just tries to live her life happily. Yes, I am in the same mind, I would always tell myself that is unpredictable tomorrow, we should live our life with true joy.

That is actully something wrong in Eastern's culture, we always insist study hard, work hard, earn more, then it will lead us to good life, but does it healthy? Do we really happy? We actually can't tell it. Do we really want that is one day, then we suddenly just found we are regret for didn't do what we really want to do? Well, we don't want, but it is hard to change, right? Because our mind are set as majority mindset.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌