Mount Hood and Shopping Day (18 July 2009)

Again, it's our weekend trip and we decided to visit to Mount Hood at morning and for a shopping trip during our afternoon. Mount Hood is the highest mountain in Oregon, therefore you could still find unmelted snow on it even though it's summer now.

We woke up in the early morning as it would take us around 2 hours to get to our first destination. At first, we drove to Mt. Hood Meadow and SL found it wasn't the place where he went with his friends last time, as we couldn't see the mountain in close distance. Anyways, I still think there was beautiful, there we still could see snow on the mountain, but there was no much plant on mountain, this made the mountain doesn't look so beautiful in close distance, I think we should visit here again in winter, when we could find snow cover all Mount Hood.





According to our guide book, it introduced us to visit to Timberline Lodge, which is a historic place, and we found it was on the way back, therefore we just drove there. When we arrived to Timberline Lodge, SL told me that is the place he visited few years ago, and we could see Mount Hood in close look and there was so happening than the first place, there we still could see a lot of skiers ski from top of mountain to the bottow, although there was no much snow left.

At first, we took a walk through Timberline Lodge to enjoy its building structure and learn some special parts of the Lodge. Then, we took a trail to hike along the Mount Hood path, but it didn't lead us to the top but it was enjoyable to see many people ski from top of mountain. Actually, it was a curious case for me to see people ski during summer :P















We only stayed at Timberline Lodge for an hour plus, then we departed to our next destination for our shopping trip and lunch, which is 82nd Avenue, it took us another an hour plus to get there and I knew SL was really hungry then but he still was willing to hike at Timberline Lodge with me :)

After some streets finding, we got to our restaurant finally, I think it was recomended by BM, there we had a plate of fried rice and some "dim sum", here I need to emphasize that it's a huge plate of fried rice, more than enough for two of us :D

Well... those dishes were special to SL as he didn't take too much Asian foods (especially dim sum) after he arrived to US, it was three months then, while I didn't feel too much special with them as I am not staying long in US and would have lot of chances to have them in Malaysia :P









After dinner, SL and I went to Fuborn for a walk, it is an Asian market, where you could find a lot of Asian food, like source, can, vegetables and so on. Once again, SL was so excited to see all of them and we also could find some Malaysia products there, but I was just feeling normal and told him that was just like Sunshine Market in Penang to me :P I think this is different between long stay and short stay in US :D



After that, we proceeded to our real shopping journey in Walmart, where we got some shopping list to buy, for friends and for ourselves :D

First, I needed to buy Calgon for LE, she wants two bottles of Hawaiian Ginger and I got myself a Morning Glory, they are with inexpensive price.



Second, we bought a set of Corelle diningware for ourselves, it is 16 pieces in a box and they are much cheaper if compare with Malaysia listing.



Third, we got ourselves two cheap quality towels :D



And last, we got CH a baby carrier, which we promised to get for him as a present before I left to US. CH is a good friend of SL, but they were less in contract after SL started relationship with me, therefore I always felt guilty on this and trying hard to get them in touch again. As I know SL doesn't has too many friends, so that I would like to help him to get connect with his friend, because I always believe that I might not able to live too long in this world, therefore I hope SL would have some good friends with him while I am not abled to be around with him.



After Walmart shopping, we continue our shopping at Nike Employee Store, which actually opens only for Nike employees, but it's opened for intel employees for the week (well... I don't really know the reason :P). When we registered ourselves to the recieption, they told us that was only one time entry and we only can return the item with exchange is disallowed.

After entering to the store, I found it is just like a normal shop, maybe with bigger size, but their price is much cheaper than outside. In the store, SL got a running shoes for himself and I got a running shoe, a sport suite and 6 pair of socks, all of them just costs us $117, which I consider cheaper than others shop if I wanted to get the same items.





After our crazy shopping trip, we just paid a visit to Jones Farm intel campus, this was my first time there after arrival in US for two weeks :P Jones Farm site is big but their buildings are in brown colour, which is different with white in Malaysia, and SL told me that all campus in Oregon are in brown, instead of white. Anyways, I was there :P



Comments

LE said…
Thanks you so much for buying the body mist. Yippie! I bet you had a good shopping that day :-)
SuNfLoWeRbEe said…
SaN jIe..i feel scare and sad when i read that you wrote'you might cannot live long in this world'..don't write like that again la..i wish that you're healthy and happy always la..

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌