Departure and Arrival to Oregon

Finally, I departed to Oregon on 3rd of July from Penang International Airport at 7:55am, thanks to PY and YY for offering me to send me to the airport for twice, they would need to wake up early for two Fridays as I needed to check in at 5:55am. Actually, I was embarrassing to ask them to send me again at the second departure but they offered it willingly.

I woke up pretty early on 3rd of July with complicated feeling, worried if I could get through the custom and excited that I would meet with SL soon.

Honestly, I was still worried if I could get through Malaysia Immigration because I am not really trust with their working efficiency although the website was updated, this was also because SL was overworrying too much and this made me felt nervous for it. At last, I got through the immigration counter without any surprising events happened, then I just sent a sms to SL immediately, so that he could release at the first gate.

My flight to Hong Kong was departed on time at 7:55am, it took less than 4 hours to arrive and I got more than four hours to wait for my next flight to Los Angeles, it was really terrible long for me, therefore I was thinking if I could change to an earlier flight but I could find one. After arrival, I met with TS and his wife, TS is SL's coursemate in university time who is going to Austin for 2.5 months business trip and his wife is taking long leave to follow TS to US. In our company, wife's visa application and flight ticket only provided for relocation package and you need to pay yourslf for bussiness trip, but TS is paying all this for his wife, just to make sure they can be together, I think TS is loving his wife so much for sure. Then, I just found that while so many people are trying so hard just for being together with their partner, but SL and I just so abnormal for staying apart, are we right? I don't know.

Thereafter, I sent my second sms to SL to inform him my arrival to Hong Kong, where was my second gate as we promised. Then, I took a light lunch in Hong Kong International Airport before boarding to Los Angeles flight. Walking at Hong Kong International Airport, I was thinking about my pre-honeymoon trip to Hong Kong with SL last March in 2008, we were enjoyed so much for our eight days trip in Hong Kong and Macau. If I consider Hong Kong as my pre-honeymoon trip and Bali Island as my honeymoon, can I consider this US trip as my post-honeymoon trip :P ?

At 4:15pm, my flight departed to Los Angeles on time, the journey to Los Angeles was horrible long to me, it took around 13 hours to get there and I couldn't sleep well in the plane but it was fortunately that I got a neck surporter which made me felt more comfortable on flight. To avoid serious jetlag problem after arrived in US, I started adjusting my biological clock and started counting time at US time zone.

After 13 hours on plane, my flight was arrived safely to Los Angeles Tom Bradley International Airport on time, it was 2:15pm July of 3rd, the funniest part for me was my arrival time was two hours earlier than my departure time, well... I knew this is due to time zone different, but I just felt like backed to pass :)

Please let me describe my procedures in Los Angeles Airport, it was more complicated as I thought, but smooth. At first, I needed to get and filled I-94 and custom claim forms on plane, which were distributed by cabin crews. I-94 form is for personal detail, this is for immigration purpose, so that they could "track" us in US, while custom claim form is for custom officer so that they have idea on what we brought into US, to make sure that is without any illegal items enter to US.

It was smooth at immigration counter, the officer just asked me with a few of question, like my purpose to US, destination and address in US and something about SL, I think procedure was smooth most likely because I am with L2 visit, a wife is definitely allowed to visit her husband after a long seperation :D Then, I needed to get my baggage claim and got through the custom smoothly too, because I didn't bring too much food, except a little dried noodle and chocolate drink with my small luggage :) After immigration and custom parts, that means I can enter to US with clean.

Later, I needed to check in my luggage again as I got a transit flight to Portland, OR, I was following a sign show me to connecting flight until the check-in point, I was really confused at first as I thought there would be a check-in point for different airline after custom part, but I couldn't find it and I only could see two check in line just before the arrival hall, where some people took care on baggage check in by putting our luggage into a machine, which would send our luggage to somewhere that I didn't really know, then I was doubt if this would be secured but I did my check in still.

After I got my luggage checked in successfully (well, I was not really sure if it was success until I got my luggage finally), I tried to look for my transit flight platform but I was too new to Los Angeles International Airport and I couldn't imagine how big it was, until I totally lost my direction to get to my platform, actually I even couldn't read my platform at first. I was just at the arrival hall after I got my luggage checked in, then I was confused if I needed to exit the airport right there? If so, how could I get my transit flight? It looked unsense to me if I need to exit the airport, but I really couldn't see any alternate way to get to my transit point.

When I was in confusing, I saw a airport police walked in my direction, then I decided to ask him for detail. After he knew my next flight is United Airline, he just advised me to take a bus just outside of the airport to Terminal 7 and I could find my transit area there, but I was confused and told him that I even haven't got my flight ticket yet, he told me patiently that I would get it after I got to Terminal 7. Although I was still confused but I only could choose to follow his advice, luckily that I still had a lot of time.

After I went out from the airport (actually it rather is just an international terminal, instead of airport), I saw a signboard shows that Terminal 7 is at my right, so that I chose to walk to Terminal 7, instead of taking bus, because I was not sure which stop I need to light from bus, also I wanted to see what really is the layout of LA Airport, it looks really different from the airport I ever went. Well, I was not sure how far Terminal 7 is, but I didn't think it will take me four hours to get there.

While I was on my way to Terminal 7, I found that LA Airport is quite organised, because they arrange it with different terminal, where the terminal that I went out is for international flight, and other terminal are assigned for different airlines, like my last flight is United Airline, which is departing from Terminal 7, it is really a big airport and that are as many as 80 plus gate just in terminal 7.



I sent my third sms to SL on my way to Terminal 7, this is our promised thrid gate to ensure I went through US immigration and custom successfully. Due to unfamiliar with LA Airport, I spent sometime on searching for it departure hall, it is at upstair and Arrival hall is at downstair. Then, I faced with ticket issue problem at departure hall as there is all automated counter and I couldn't find any manual counter for check in. Then, I just asked with an usher there and she pointed me with necessary information that I need from my e-ticket, then I just proceeded to get my ticket issue from the machine.

Next, I decided proceed to waiting lounge as I didn't have any place to spend outside of LA Airport, that was strict security check before waiting lounge, where everyone need to pass everything for security scanner, this is including to take off the shoes. After that, I just walked around in Terminal 7 to see if I could get some drink for my four hours waiting period.

It was really long waiting until my last flight to Portland Oregon at 6:58pm, I was too excited that I would meet with SL soon and took some rest before my arrival. Before the plane landed at Portland Airport, I saw a snowy mountain in scence, it was the only image I could see from flight and I was thinking to go for my one-month stay in Oregon, and SL told me it is Mount Hook after I asked him about it.

After arrival, I just walked toward baggage claim direction according to signboard, and I saw SL was waiting me before baggage claim area, I was surprised as I thought he would wait for me at arrival hall, then we were hugging each other so tightly, it was two months apart, we were missing each other so much and until now we were both so happy to see each other face to face again. And, I was so excited and kept finding topic to talk with him, I just didn't want to make us became unfamiliar like last time, and I still could feel close relationship between us this time.

It was eve of US Independence Day, and SL told me there is sale at Woodburn, where are many outlets there and I could find some cheap branded item there, then we just directed to Woodburn. However, I didn't spend too long in Woodburn as I didn't decide to shop too much there, I decided to keep my shopping list for Thanks Giving sale on my second visit, which I believe would be cheaper than this. Anyways, I still abled to buy a bootcut jean from Levis Outlet with USD24.99, this is much cheaper if I bought it in Malaysia.

At last, we just headed back to SL's apartment, and I found there is so comfortable with this small area, but fully equipment, a room with toilet, living room and kitchen, it is more than enough for two people, just a perfect private area for a long seperation couple like us, we could enjoy our space there. Then, SL just past me a mystery gift, which he promised to get me one for each seperation, it is a small digital photo frame, which you can store up to 60 digital pictures and get it display and SL put so many pictures, this recalled so many memory that we spent together, I like it so much :D



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌