the 29th Day without SL

Last night, SL and I discussed about our hotel booking for Los Angeles trip, finally I found one which is close to train station and the theme park, then I sent to SL for review as he was offline that time. Then, I saw his reply in e-mail with a green light for this hotel this morning, but I decided to make the reservation later.

I tried to book the hotel this afternoon, but it was not available for the first visiting day and made me worried. Later, I found a hotel with similar name on another website, this made me excited and I made the reservation immediately without checking carefully as I thought it was the same hotel.

However, I just found it was with a different address once booking process done and confirmation recieved. Oh no, this hotel actually is quite some distance with train station and Disneyland (at least 7 miles distance), this would be transportation problem to us as we decided to travel without driving.

Immediately, I checked with the website if any alternative hotel for me, which is close to train station and disneyland and finally I found one, then I immediately sent an e-mail to the agent and enquired them if refund is possible and convert my reservation to another hotel. However, it was night in US, so that I couldn't get any response and I felt worry, I know my worry will never end until this case closes, then I decided to ask SL call them from US to settle this tonight.

I had my dinner time with LE and LP, it was good to have dinner with them as I could forget unhappy thing for a moment. Actually, I was still down during dinner, that's why I bought a box of chocolate from Sunshine as people said chocolate can cheer us up. I was sorry to LE and LP as I think they felt my down emotion this evening, but thank to them for forgave me on this :)

I was back to home around nine at night and SL was online just after half an hour, he was a little angry with me when I told him the case and asked him to call the agent, this is what I expected and made my mood down for the afternoon. Anyways, SL still called to the agent in US, enquired on refund and transfer our booking to another hotel, the case finally closed and I felt released then.

Until that, we have made our first two days reservation around Disneyland, then I proceeded to search another hotel around Universal Studio for our last two days, and I found one with the same agent. This time, I read the information throughoutly before I proceeded to reservation and payment.

Yes, we finally settle our accommodation in Los Angeles four days trip, this is the first thing we worried the most, as we were afraid if hotel would not available during summer as this is travel peak season and it was only four weeks apart from our travel date. Now, I really feel release.

Here, I would like to share some websites for flight and hotel reservation:
HOTEL.com - www.hotel.com
Hostel World - www.hostelworld.com
Expedia - www.expedia.com

Normally, you can find budget hostel in Hostel World, the price can go to very budget, but most of them are dorm type, I used to book my hostel with this website when I travelled in Europe, I highly recommend this website for those who don't mind to know new friends.

For us, this Los Angeles is a trip after long seperation, therefore we don't plan to share our night with other people, then we are looking room for two of us only. This time, I did more searching with HOTEL.com and Expedia, their price also can go to affordable level to us. However, I personal felt that HOTEL.com can offer cheaper price than Expedia as I found my second hotel in both website, but I chose to book at HOTEL.com with a few bucks saved.

Anyways, I also found a cheaper and requirement met hotel for Disneyland area in Expedia last night, but it was gone today. Therefore, I think sometime we need to try searching from different websites until it meets our requirement. Actually, searching hotel needs a lot of patient, else you would be same as me booked the wrong hotel at the first place due to impatient to read all details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌