Prague (21 June 2005)

21 June 2005, my second day in Prague, this is my only full day in Prague as first day used for late arrival and hostel finding and the last day for half day sightseeing with departure to the UK.

It was so different for this Prague trip because we booked a Korean hostel, therefore we could take some Korean breakfast in Prague, this is a unique experience to me, I could never think for having Korean breakfast in Europe. Thanks to Regina did the book as she is a Korean. However, shortcoming for staying in Korean hostel was I don't speak Korean, that was a little difficult for conversation, I wasn't abled to understand them but fortunately sometimes Regina would do some translation for me.

After breakfast, Regina and I just started with our day trip to Prague old town square as there is the main attraction for Prague and it's close to other attractions. At first, we went to Old Town Hall Tower with Astronomical Clock, it is an amazing clock and a lot of tourist must go attraction. The Astronomical Clock has special "performance" every hour when the minute hand at 12.

Every exact hour, a small trap door at the clock will open and twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ will appear at the trap door one after one. This is an amazing design and we could see the crowd gathered in front of the clock every hour, just to see this remarkable art.

According what I know on this Astronomical Clock, it is designed by a skillful clock maker, this is his best and his last art work, because the king was worried if he would design another artwork better than this, therefore the king killed (or took out his eyes) the clock maker once he completed his artwork.

Therefore I was respected to this clock maker on his amazing skill and misfortune, however I still couldn't know how to read time from Astronomical Clock although I put quite some effort to study it.







This is the Town Hall Tower, it just near to the Astronomial Clock.


This is Church of Our Lady, we saw it from the old town square, but I couldn't find a way to get to the church.



Later, Regina and I proceeded to St. Nicholas Cathedral, it is one of the famous cathedral in Prague, a chatolic church with a lot of huage and well-designed statues inside, I was totally caught by their wonderful art. The church is hosted by twelve Apostles statue and all are so huge and lively, this is an aragent church.











This is a picture just in front of St. Nicholas Cathedral.


This is front of St. Vital Church.



We also paid a visit to the Church of St. Nicholas, different with St. Nicholas Cathedral, this is a postestant church, therefore we couldn't find much statue inside the church as postestants believe we do not worship statues, but we worship God only, therefore they don't put statue in the church.



Of course, we didn't miss to visit the Prague Castle, it is just walking distance from Old Town Square and it is huge, I bought some postcards and stamps at here, I sat at a place to write my postcard for sending them to myself, I got a habit on doing this, I would never forget to search for post office in any visited place as I surely will send one or two postcards as the best souvenir from that city.

The Prague Castle is the largest medieval castle in Europe, it consists of Saint Vitus Cathedral, viewing towers, museums and art galleries, a monastery, Golden Lane, several palaces, including Lobkowicz Palace and St. George's Basilica.

However, we didn't visit all attractions in Prague as it would be too expensive and time consuming, therefore we chose to visit to Saint Vitus Cathedral, it is the most recognisable landmark of Prague, and it is admission free :P











Inside of Vitus Cathedral.


Prague Castle is located on a hill (consider as higher location) in Prague, therefore we could oversee quite some distance of the city from there, the view was so beautiful.





We went to King Charles Bridge at evening, that is the famous bridge in Prague, lines up with a lot of statues along the bridge, all statues are so remarkable and most of them made according to Bible story.

Actually, the King Charles Bridge isn't too long, but we just couldn't stop to slow down our parch for its beautiful, there was also with lot of performances along the bridge.

This is my first time to Europe (out of the UK), therefore I was so attacted by beauty if Prague and the noble of King Charles Bridge, this made me told Regina that I would like to have my honeymoon back to Prague again :P However, after several visit to Europe, then I just found there a lot of special and beautiful cities in Europe besides Pragua, and I also could find other bridge with many statues (like Bridge of Angels in Vatican City). Anyways, my honeymoon wasn't spent in Prague :)











This is scenery taken from King Charles Bridge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌