Marriage Life

First, I'd like to thank YY for companied me for this evening, hiking, dining and mind sharing, I think she is a thoughtful girl, I really like to chat with her as she always enlights me.

We headed to BJ Mount at 6pm for hiking, it was a pleasure exercise as I didn't do too much exercise recently, until I was worried if my good choresterol record (:P) would go worse. Hiking helped me release a lot of sweat from my body. Later, we went for dinner at Sunshine Market, but our favourite drink stall was closed, so we only could chose other stalls for dining. And we got back to my house at 8:30pm.

During 2.5 hours together, YY shared me a lot of things, especially parenthood and marriage life (well, YY is still single, but she is knowledgable :) ). Let me share some here from our sharing.

First, YY said that we should did a medical checkout before we plan to have a baby as this can help to track if our future baby is healthy, she told me a disease called luekemia, this is really harmful to a kid, parents should be careful if they are minor carriers, as this is possible would get birth a kid with this disease. This made me remember Agnes's niece, who is suffered with this disease when she is still 1.5 years old only.

Second, YY told me that women should take folic acid a year before she plan to have a baby, this would help fetus grow healthy in our tummy, or at least we need to take it once we have a baby. Hmm... where can we get this folic acid? Is it expensive?

Third, she told me about parenthood, we know it is hard to grow a kid nowadays, apart from financial, we also need to consider how to grow a kid with good personality, this is the hardest part, as parents should be a good model for their kids. As I am from an unhappy family, therefore I even understand that we really need to take good care on children need.

Fourth, she also told me about her loving parents, her father is a good father plus husband and her mother is a good mother plus well-fortune wife. Since I had bad experience with my father when I was child, so that this kind of love is more than enough for me and this marriage is what I long for. My requirement on marriage isn't tight but with a good husband, and I know that SL is the one (although he is with bad temper :P ), as when YY told me about her father and mother, I could imagine that SL and I are their shadows :)

I know my request to my manager for having longer stay in US with SL was harsh, but I just didn't want to lose my marriage as SL is really a good husband to me. Well, I know money is important, but it is nothing without love. I could see my mother as a really good example, she is a strong lady, she is abled to earn money and she earns even more than my father, but does money help any on her marriage? I don't think so, she lost her marriage and we lost our childhood, I just don't want to be the second her. Therefore, I always tell myself money couldn't buy true love.

From my current perspective, I still felt that I am a well-fortune lady on marriage as I have a loving husband, which I couldn't ask for anymore. Well, SL sometimes would lose his temper, we did really have a lot of quarrel at the beginning of our relationship, and he tried hard to control his emotion while I tried hard to ignore/accept his hot temper, until now we still quarrel occasionally but it is much less than 2~3 years ago.

From my point of view, I think that is actually no perfect guy in the world as everyone has their shortcoming, it just depends how we adapt and accept it. If two of them are able to make it, then they will form the perfect match, two unperfect person can form a perfect match with true love. For those who are still looking for their life partner, please remember that true love and perfect match is build with tolerant, trust, caring, etc. Wish you can match the perfect match soon :)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. - from 1 Corinthians 13:4~8

Comments

Mum with Hope said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mum with Hope said…
Dearest Fong San, your friend definitely have some good advice there. Yes, you should start taking folid acid if you are planning to have kids soon. It can prevent condition like spina bifida. I'm sure you will have a wonderful marriage and beautiful family. Take care!
Dawn said…
I see, where can I get it?
YY said…
The genetic desease is called thalassemia. Well, for the folic asid pills, I duno exactly where to get but my sis got them from her gyne.
Mum with Hope said…
Try your local pharmacy.
Dawn said…
Do you have any recommended brand?
Mum with Hope said…
Hi Fong San, I wasn't sure whether your last question was for me. But the brands I got here are Australian brand, so not sure what you'll get there. On another note, you are a very strong girl. Please take courage that time will pass soon and you and your hubby will be together again. I know it is hard, Dane and I had never been separated since we're married except the 3 nights I spent in the hospital when I gave birth to Esther. He had to stay home and look after Jono. I was SOOOO lonely and really couldn't sleep without him beside me. Take good care of yourself!
Dawn said…
Hi Poh Pei,
Thanks for information and encouragement :)

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌