SHK Penang Visit - Day 1

Morning of 1-May, I departed to Batu Ferrighi just after I sent SL to airport, because three of my friends were visiting me in Penang, they are from Japan, who I met in the UK, I was so happy as I didn't need to spend my weekend alone just after SL left to US. Sachiko, Hisaka and Kyoko would visit to Malaysia for five days and they would spend two days in Penang. And, I would spend my two-holiday nights with them in the hotel.

On one-hour journey to Batu Ferrighi, I was listening to Stefanie Sun's songs and I was having special feeling with her songs now, it makes me felt kind of loneliness, especially for this moment.

When I arrived to Bayview Beach Resort at around 9am, I asked about Hisaka's room from reception, however there was nobody answered the call, this made me worried if they were still in hotel, so that I sent a sms to Hisaka, then I was waiting in the lobby. Hisaka called me at 9:30am and she told me their room number, then I went directly to their room.

Just after I reached to their room and they opened the room door for me, immediately they greeted me with a "Happy Birthday" as the day before was my birthday, I felt so touched that they remembered my birthdate :)

Later, Sachiko passed me a birthday present, it was some Japanese snacks, Hisaka and Kyoko also passed me the present at night.

Gifts from Sachiko.


Gift from Kyoko, with photos from our pass time.


Gift from Hisaka, with a Japanese small bag.


We departed from hotel around 10:15am and headed to Georgetown for our first day trip. On the way, we stopped at a beach for some scene viewing.





Later, we just directed to Georgetown and we saw Fort Conrwallis near to Explanade, we took a walk there, this is a fortress in old time and now it changes to a park and musuem, we would need to pay RM3 each for entrance fee.





We left the fortress and took a walk to Komtar. Around lunch time, I found a shop along Chulia Street for our lunch, this place is recommended by YC, and I found Sachiko, Hisaka and Kyoko were enjoyed with lunch.

After lunch, we went to Khoo Kongsi, as Sachiko got to know this place from their guide book, this place wasn't hard to find as it is just goes straight from Chulia Street, and we could see a signboard there and leaded us to the venue. We did spend some time there and there is a really historical location in Penang, I was amazed with the architecture of the building and the painting inside also bring along with their meaning.



After visited Khoo Kongsi, we walked around the area for some explorations, then we just departed to Kek Lok Si in Air Hitam, I couldn't find Ait Hitam at first as there was not a clear signboard to lead me there, finally I did it after I took a look on the map, it was just away from Komtar.

Finally, I success to get to Kek Lok Si and I think visiting of my friends might train me to get familiar with Georgetown area, might this is arrangement by God, he wants to force me to learn on direction?

After finishing our trip in Kek Lok Si, we went to two temples close to Gurney Plaza (one is Thailand temple and the other one is Burmese temple) for a walk, however it was end of the day therefore we could see the sleeping buddha on this day. It just closed to dinner time and I brought them to the famuos "Lok Lok" at Pulau Tikus, however I think Sachiko them were not convenient at this place as we needed to share table with others, therefore I decided to leave there after we took a few sticks of "Lok Lok" and heading to Old Town White Coffee for some comercial local foods :)



At night, we had mini gathering in our hotel room and talking our current affair, it was happy hour for me as I won't feel lonely, even though SL was not around as my friends were with me.

At the meanwhile, Sachiko showed me a doll, his name is Mito Koumon (san), a historical person at Ibaraki (Sachiko's hometown) in Japan. Sachiko told me that she works at Ibaraki Airport of Japan and planning to attract more tourist to her province, so that she comes out with this idea to have a signaficant feature of Ibaraki, that is Mito Koumon souvenir doll, I think this is a good idea and gave her some suggestion to make this feature more signaficant.

By the way, this doll actually is the world first ever doll and I found I was proud to see it, so that I took some pictures for it. Hope that Sachiko can have her idea success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspend Junior

最后一天

国歌和州歌